2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15" or 17"
3. What screen resolution do you want? 1920x1080
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? desktop replacement; i will only be moving it around the house
5. How much battery life do you need? doesnt matter, it'll be plugged in all the time
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? civilization 4 and 5, assassin's creed 3, arkham city, preferably highest settings
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) nothing too demanding, word processing, lots of music, some videos
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 750 GB+, the higher the better... ssd is optional but i'd prefer larger size
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. any site but sager looks pretty good
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 2+ years hopefully
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD ROM/Writer and bluray reader
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
i've only had a regular hp laptop that i liked because it was very reliable; only broke because it was dropped
i dont dislike any brands
13. What country do you live in? USofA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. hopefully at least a gtx 675m and if lucky gtx 680m
More about :finding laptop schoolwork home occasional gaming
There you go.
One is with ssd+hdd and 675 and another with jsut hdd and 680.
Just one thing, if you go this laptop:
I have same model (just older gen parts) and my screen came with a small lose end. i didnt care about it untill the screen separated on me (i sent it to MSI and they changed the whole screen).
So bare in mind that the screen is very heavy, so treat the laptop gently (i used to travel with it and use it everywhere, so not surprised it eventually had some problems).