I have been using XP Home for nearly 2 years with no problems.
Today the screen kept switch on and off and eventually went to safe mode
with the following dialoque box:-

The NV4 Display Driver has stopped working normally. Save your work to and
reboot the system to restore full display functionality. etc.

Having done this the system appears to be working OK at present. Is this a
temporary blip that has been corrected full time by following the instruction?
--
Jeff Streeter UK

Not all that unusual. Reinstall or update your video driver, carefully
following nVidia's instructions.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."