ADDRESS BAR

I have completely lost my Address Bar off my web pages and don't know how to
get it back. Has this ever happened to anyone before?
5 answers Last reply
More about address

    Address Bar wrote:
    > I have completely lost my Address Bar off my web pages and don't know
    > how to get it back. Has this ever happened to anyone before?

    At the very top of IE click on "view" then select "toolbars"
    put a checkmark next to the addressbar heading.

    --
    Mike Pawlak

    Thanks Mike, but I already tried that dozens of times.

    "MAP" wrote:

    > Address Bar wrote:
    > > I have completely lost my Address Bar off my web pages and don't know
    > > how to get it back. Has this ever happened to anyone before?
    >
    > At the very top of IE click on "view" then select "toolbars"
    > put a checkmark next to the addressbar heading.
    >
    > --
    > Mike Pawlak

    Hi Address Bar,

    Go to View>Toolbars and ensure that Lock the Toolbars is not selected. Hover
    the cursor just beneath the Standard Buttons bar (or whichever toolbar is
    currently last) until it turns into a two-headed arrow, then drag downwards
    until (hopefully) the Address Bar appears.

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Address Bar" <AddressBar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks Mike, but I already tried that dozens of times.
    >
    > "MAP" wrote:
    >
    > > Address Bar wrote:
    > > > I have completely lost my Address Bar off my web pages and don't know
    > > > how to get it back. Has this ever happened to anyone before?
    > >
    > > At the very top of IE click on "view" then select "toolbars"
    > > put a checkmark next to the addressbar heading.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Mike Pawlak

    Dear Patti,

    Thanks so much for your input, but I have already tried your suggestions
    many times, plus many other things, but so far no joy.

    Regards,
    Address Bar

    "Patti MacLeod" wrote:

    > Hi Address Bar,
    >
    > Go to View>Toolbars and ensure that Lock the Toolbars is not selected. Hover
    > the cursor just beneath the Standard Buttons bar (or whichever toolbar is
    > currently last) until it turns into a two-headed arrow, then drag downwards
    > until (hopefully) the Address Bar appears.
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > --
    > Patti MacLeod
    > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >
    > "Address Bar" <AddressBar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Thanks Mike, but I already tried that dozens of times.

    > > > At the very top of IE click on "view" then select "toolbars"
    > > > put a checkmark next to the addressbar heading.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Mike Pawlak

    Have you tried Method 2 in this MSKB article:

    The Internet Explorer Address bar is missing

    Regards,

    --

    > Dear Patti,
    >
    > Thanks so much for your input, but I have already tried your suggestions
    > many times, plus many other things, but so far no joy.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Address Bar
    >
    > "Patti MacLeod" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi Address Bar,
    > >
    > > Go to View>Toolbars and ensure that Lock the Toolbars is not selected.
    Hover
    > > the cursor just beneath the Standard Buttons bar (or whichever toolbar
    is
    > > currently last) until it turns into a two-headed arrow, then drag
    downwards
    > > until (hopefully) the Address Bar appears.
    > >

    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > --
    > > Patti MacLeod
    > > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > >
    > > "Address Bar" <AddressBar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Thanks Mike, but I already tried that dozens of times.

Support Browsers Microsoft Windows XP