Can't Delete Account

Within the Documents and Settings folder, I have 4 user accounts shown.
Administrator, Administrator.000, EThomp, and Ethompson. I only wish to
have two accounts; Administrator and Ethompson but Windows will not
allow me to delete the other two saying they are system files and cannot
be deleted.

The two accounts I wish to delete do not show up in Control Panel/User
Accounts or when I try to access the accounts through Computer
Maintenance in the Administrative Tools.

I am running WXP SP2 and have full administrative rights on the two
accounts I wish to keep. I would appreciate any ideas on how I can
delete the two unused accounts. They both occupy a significant amount of
disk space I would like to recover.
3 answers Last reply
More about delete account

    The other two folder with .000 suffix may not necessarily be additional user
    accounts. In case of profile corruption or perhaps a repair installation,
    the additional folders are created (with suffixes starting from .000 and so
    forth). First, you need to verify the ones that belong to your user profile.

    Type CMD /K SET in Start-Run.

    Note down the full path mentioned for the "Homepath" value. "Homepath" is
    the user profile path for the currently logged on user profile.

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:
    > The other two folder with .000 suffix may not necessarily be additional
    > user accounts. In case of profile corruption or perhaps a repair
    > installation, the additional folders are created (with suffixes starting
    > from .000 and so forth). First, you need to verify the ones that belong
    > to your user profile.
    >
    > Type CMD /K SET in Start-Run.
    >
    > Note down the full path mentioned for the "Homepath" value. "Homepath"
    > is the user profile path for the currently logged on user profile.

    Thank you very much for your help!

    You're welcome.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    > Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:
    >> The other two folder with .000 suffix may not necessarily be additional
    >> user accounts. In case of profile corruption or perhaps a repair
    >> installation, the additional folders are created (with suffixes starting
    >> from .000 and so forth). First, you need to verify the ones that belong
    >> to your user profile.
    >>
    >> Type CMD /K SET in Start-Run.
    >>
    >> Note down the full path mentioned for the "Homepath" value. "Homepath" is
    >> the user profile path for the currently logged on user profile.
    >>
    > Thank you very much for your help!

Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP