Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Can't Delete Account

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 12:28:20 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Within the Documents and Settings folder, I have 4 user accounts shown.
Administrator, Administrator.000, EThomp, and Ethompson. I only wish to
have two accounts; Administrator and Ethompson but Windows will not
allow me to delete the other two saying they are system files and cannot
be deleted.

The two accounts I wish to delete do not show up in Control Panel/User
Accounts or when I try to access the accounts through Computer
Maintenance in the Administrative Tools.

I am running WXP SP2 and have full administrative rights on the two
accounts I wish to keep. I would appreciate any ideas on how I can
delete the two unused accounts. They both occupy a significant amount of
disk space I would like to recover.

More about : delete account

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 11:33:22 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

The other two folder with .000 suffix may not necessarily be additional user
accounts. In case of profile corruption or perhaps a repair installation,
the additional folders are created (with suffixes starting from .000 and so
forth). First, you need to verify the ones that belong to your user profile.

Type CMD /K SET in Start-Run.

Note down the full path mentioned for the "Homepath" value. "Homepath" is
the user profile path for the currently logged on user profile.

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org


"Eric Thompson" <jerict@msn.com> wrote in message
news:%23bgojHMpFHA.960@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Within the Documents and Settings folder, I have 4 user accounts shown.
> Administrator, Administrator.000, EThomp, and Ethompson. I only wish to
> have two accounts; Administrator and Ethompson but Windows will not allow
> me to delete the other two saying they are system files and cannot be
> deleted.
>
> The two accounts I wish to delete do not show up in Control Panel/User
> Accounts or when I try to access the accounts through Computer Maintenance
> in the Administrative Tools.
>
> I am running WXP SP2 and have full administrative rights on the two
> accounts I wish to keep. I would appreciate any ideas on how I can delete
> the two unused accounts. They both occupy a significant amount of disk
> space I would like to recover.
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 3:11:43 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:
> The other two folder with .000 suffix may not necessarily be additional
> user accounts. In case of profile corruption or perhaps a repair
> installation, the additional folders are created (with suffixes starting
> from .000 and so forth). First, you need to verify the ones that belong
> to your user profile.
>
> Type CMD /K SET in Start-Run.
>
> Note down the full path mentioned for the "Homepath" value. "Homepath"
> is the user profile path for the currently logged on user profile.
>
Thank you very much for your help!
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 2:09:11 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

You're welcome.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org


"Eric Thompson" <jerict@msn.com> wrote in message
news:uQkBYRfqFHA.2696@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:
>> The other two folder with .000 suffix may not necessarily be additional
>> user accounts. In case of profile corruption or perhaps a repair
>> installation, the additional folders are created (with suffixes starting
>> from .000 and so forth). First, you need to verify the ones that belong
>> to your user profile.
>>
>> Type CMD /K SET in Start-Run.
>>
>> Note down the full path mentioned for the "Homepath" value. "Homepath" is
>> the user profile path for the currently logged on user profile.
>>
> Thank you very much for your help!
!