I keep experiencing the message Internet Explorer has encountered a problem
and needs to close but I don`t seem to be offered/able to get any details.I
then get an End Program Now message and then I have to log off and begin the
whole process again.This often goes on a number of times until I
finally,through frustration,give up.I would say that mostly this occurs when
reading my messages,but it does apply to web browsing also.on other
occassions,when attempting to access a web site,my computer makes a short
internal beep and the computer not responding message appears.
Does anyone have any suggestions please?Thank You.
P.S sorry to be so longwinded.

Yes, you have a virus! Do some virus sweeps, and check out the updates. Do
this soon, I had it and it's not a good sign.
Good luck!!!

"novvo" wrote:

> I keep experiencing the message Internet Explorer has encountered a problem
> and needs to close but I don`t seem to be offered/able to get any details.I
> then get an End Program Now message and then I have to log off and begin the
> whole process again.This often goes on a number of times until I
> finally,through frustration,give up.I would say that mostly this occurs when
> reading my messages,but it does apply to web browsing also.on other
> occassions,when attempting to access a web site,my computer makes a short
> internal beep and the computer not responding message appears.
> Does anyone have any suggestions please?Thank You.
> P.S sorry to be so longwinded.

Thanks "perrylover".I`ve run AVG free which tells me I have some trojans
which are in the "virus vault" but I guess I need another program,any ideas?

"perrylover" wrote:

> Yes, you have a virus! Do some virus sweeps, and check out the updates. Do
> this soon, I had it and it's not a good sign.
> Good luck!!!
>
> "novvo" wrote:
>
> > I keep experiencing the message Internet Explorer has encountered a problem
> > and needs to close but I don`t seem to be offered/able to get any details.I
> > then get an End Program Now message and then I have to log off and begin the
> > whole process again.This often goes on a number of times until I
> > finally,through frustration,give up.I would say that mostly this occurs when
> > reading my messages,but it does apply to web browsing also.on other
> > occassions,when attempting to access a web site,my computer makes a short
> > internal beep and the computer not responding message appears.
> > Does anyone have any suggestions please?Thank You.
> > P.S sorry to be so longwinded.

I have Norton and that cleaned mine up. Good luck. I'm not a computer
whiz..but I know that this worked for me.