IE has encounterd a problem,needs to close.

I keep experiencing the message Internet Explorer has encountered a problem
and needs to close but I don`t seem to be offered/able to get any details.I
then get an End Program Now message and then I have to log off and begin the
whole process again.This often goes on a number of times until I
finally,through frustration,give up.I would say that mostly this occurs when
reading my messages,but it does apply to web browsing also.on other
occassions,when attempting to access a web site,my computer makes a short
internal beep and the computer not responding message appears.
Does anyone have any suggestions please?Thank You.
P.S sorry to be so longwinded.
3 answers Last reply
More about encounterd problem needs close

    Yes, you have a virus! Do some virus sweeps, and check out the updates. Do
    this soon, I had it and it's not a good sign.
    Good luck!!!

    "novvo" wrote:

    > I keep experiencing the message Internet Explorer has encountered a problem
    > and needs to close but I don`t seem to be offered/able to get any details.I
    > then get an End Program Now message and then I have to log off and begin the
    > whole process again.This often goes on a number of times until I
    > finally,through frustration,give up.I would say that mostly this occurs when
    > reading my messages,but it does apply to web browsing also.on other
    > occassions,when attempting to access a web site,my computer makes a short
    > internal beep and the computer not responding message appears.
    > Does anyone have any suggestions please?Thank You.
    > P.S sorry to be so longwinded.

    Thanks "perrylover".I`ve run AVG free which tells me I have some trojans
    which are in the "virus vault" but I guess I need another program,any ideas?

    "perrylover" wrote:

    > Yes, you have a virus! Do some virus sweeps, and check out the updates. Do
    > this soon, I had it and it's not a good sign.
    > Good luck!!!
    >
    > "novvo" wrote:
    >
    > > I keep experiencing the message Internet Explorer has encountered a problem
    > > and needs to close but I don`t seem to be offered/able to get any details.I
    > > then get an End Program Now message and then I have to log off and begin the
    > > whole process again.This often goes on a number of times until I
    > > finally,through frustration,give up.I would say that mostly this occurs when
    > > reading my messages,but it does apply to web browsing also.on other
    > > occassions,when attempting to access a web site,my computer makes a short
    > > internal beep and the computer not responding message appears.
    > > Does anyone have any suggestions please?Thank You.
    > > P.S sorry to be so longwinded.

    I have Norton and that cleaned mine up. Good luck. I'm not a computer
    whiz..but I know that this worked for me.

    "novvo" wrote:

    > Thanks "perrylover".I`ve run AVG free which tells me I have some trojans
    > which are in the "virus vault" but I guess I need another program,any ideas?
    >
    > "perrylover" wrote:
    >
    > > Yes, you have a virus! Do some virus sweeps, and check out the updates. Do
    > > this soon, I had it and it's not a good sign.
    > > Good luck!!!
    > >
    > > "novvo" wrote:
    > >
    > > > I keep experiencing the message Internet Explorer has encountered a problem
    > > > and needs to close but I don`t seem to be offered/able to get any details.I
    > > > then get an End Program Now message and then I have to log off and begin the
    > > > whole process again.This often goes on a number of times until I
    > > > finally,through frustration,give up.I would say that mostly this occurs when
    > > > reading my messages,but it does apply to web browsing also.on other
    > > > occassions,when attempting to access a web site,my computer makes a short
    > > > internal beep and the computer not responding message appears.
    > > > Does anyone have any suggestions please?Thank You.
    > > > P.S sorry to be so longwinded.

Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP