WinXP & GeForce 3 *AND GeForce2 problems

G

I have read the "GeForce 3 & WinXp problem" t hread and I was amazed to see (well, maby not), that the exacly same problem exists on my WinXp with my
GeForce2 GTS Pro (on a Giga-Byte 7DXR).....it seems that the WHQL driver - 21.83- makes more problems then the last one, example of this is that if I play Unreal (or doing everything else in that matter), from time to time it gets stuck, I checked in the Windows event viewer and it reported that a system
err has detected that was caused by an endless loop, it continued and reported that it was or the driver or the GeForce card that caused it, and since it all was fine with the older drivers I have to presume that its the driver fault.
The same thing happened to ppl I know...I tried to email Nvidia but no can do, I can only email Giga-Byte (I have a GF-2100 card) which dont have any clue about the problem, all I can do is to report the problem to Microsoft and wait..

Ron C.

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
Sounds like there is someone other than ATI who's having a driver problem. I'm guessing that there are issues with Windows XP driver developement. Hopefully windows will work more with hardware venders and they can get drivers developed sooner and more reliably.

I'm suprised you couldn't e-mail Nvidia about it.

60 FPS, 70 FPS, 80 FPS Crash!
Daylight comes and I have to go to work :frown:

Palpatine

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
I have sent an email to leadtek and they answered today (the same day they received it!!! way to go leadtek support) that they are so sorry and they will release an updated driver soon... how soon i dont know. Also gave me some generic "upgrade your mobo drivers and bios instructions".

The thing i see is that WinXP were ready for the 25th of October release but the rest of the world (with a few exception) weren't. I rolled back to WinME and i will wait for 2-3 months until WinXP are properly supported.