Windows sizing

I use the setting 800x600 on two computers with windows XP. On one it works
great for my bad eyesight, but on the other the whole window doesn't appear
when the window is maximzed. I have checked all the settings I know about and
they are the same on both computers. Is there some way I can change the size
of the window other than in the display setting.
--
MiMI
2 answers Last reply

    I wasn't able to get the reply page after your reply, so I hope you can see
    this. The window is too large, not too small for the screen, and sometimes
    there is no way to scroll. Can I use the same proceedure you suggested?
    --
    MiMI

    "Jodi" wrote:

    > I use the setting 800x600 on two computers with windows XP. On one it works
    > great for my bad eyesight, but on the other the whole window doesn't appear
    > when the window is maximzed. I have checked all the settings I know about and
    > they are the same on both computers. Is there some way I can change the size
    > of the window other than in the display setting.
    > --
    > MiMI

    On the machine with the small display...

    Right click a blank area of the Desktop | Properties | Settings
    tab | Advanced button | Monitor tab | Screen refresh rate.

    Fiddle with the refresh rate until your display fills the screen.

    You will probably have to lower the setting. Mine is set at 60 HZ.
    Some people advise against this setting. It's supposed to make your
    screen flicker.

    Mine does not flicker. 60 HZ is the only setting that allows
    the display to fill my screen.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:6E728388-D7E8-48E7-BE1A-BB0CCDC19B35@microsoft.com,
    Jodi <Jodi@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I use the setting 800x600 on two computers with windows XP. On one it
    > works great for my bad eyesight, but on the other the whole window
    > doesn't appear when the window is maximzed. I have checked all the
    > settings I know about and they are the same on both computers. Is there
    > some way I can change the size of the window other than in the display
    > setting. --
    > MiMI

Computers Microsoft Windows XP