TAZ

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2004

Could anyone advise me on how I can copy old family
videos to a dvd disk.
I have bought a tv card and can record the video to my
hard drive but when it comes to copying to dvd Nero
burning software it says that the files are incompatible.
My video files are save as mpeg files.
Can anyone advise of anything that I can use to save my
videos in any format I want.

Thanks taz.

Are you using Windows Media CenterEdition? What is your hardware configuration?
Does your video camera use a proprietary mpeg format? If so you may be able
to convert it using their software or another retail DVD burning product.

"taz" wrote:

> Could anyone advise me on how I can copy old family
> videos to a dvd disk.
> I have bought a tv card and can record the video to my
> hard drive but when it comes to copying to dvd Nero
> burning software it says that the files are incompatible.
> My video files are save as mpeg files.
> Can anyone advise of anything that I can use to save my
> videos in any format I want.
>
> Thanks taz.

Head over to http://www.videohelp.com/. This web site have vast amounts of
help guide with video conversions, DVD and other video questions.

"taz" <taz24taz24@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Could anyone advise me on how I can copy old family
> videos to a dvd disk.
> I have bought a tv card and can record the video to my
> hard drive but when it comes to copying to dvd Nero
> burning software it says that the files are incompatible.
> My video files are save as mpeg files.
> Can anyone advise of anything that I can use to save my
> videos in any format I want.
>
> Thanks taz.

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

"taz" <taz24taz24@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Could anyone advise me on how I can copy old family
> videos to a dvd disk.
> I have bought a tv card and can record the video to my
> hard drive but when it comes to copying to dvd Nero
> burning software it says that the files are incompatible.
> My video files are save as mpeg files.
> Can anyone advise of anything that I can use to save my
> videos in any format I want.
>
> Thanks taz.

Hi Taz

My advice is take the simple route - buy a cheap stand-alone DVD recorder
(the VCR replacement kind). You can get them for around 100 pounds now.

Plug your camcorder or VCR outputs into the recorder's inputs, and off you
go. No worries about file formats at all.

Cheers

Jason

TAZ

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2004

> Hi Taz
>
> My advice is take the simple route - buy a cheap stand-alone DVD recorder
> (the VCR replacement kind). You can get them for around 100 pounds now.
>
> Plug your camcorder or VCR outputs into the recorder's inputs, and off you
> go. No worries about file formats at all.
>
> Cheers
>
> Jason

Cheers Jason.
That may be an option I will take. I have seen them cheap myself
but I have spent a lot of money on the pc to do the same thing .
I will keep on trying knowing that I have that as another option.

Thanks taz.

TAZ

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2004

"jerryrock" <jerryrock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Are you using Windows Media CenterEdition? What is your hardware
> configuration?
> Does your video camera use a proprietary mpeg format? If so you may be
> able
> to convert it using their software or another retail DVD burning product.

I have converted my video into normal VHS cassette type
and play them with a normal video recorder / player.
I had a tv card fitted and the software that plays and records
the video on the pc is InterVideo WinDVR.
It saves it automatically in mpeg format. Even the Windows Media
Player won't recognise it.

Cheers taz.

TAZ

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2004

> Head over to http://www.videohelp.com/. This web site have vast amounts
> of help guide with video conversions, DVD and other video questions.

Thanks I'll give it a try.

Cheers taz.