peterm

I have a program that runs on Windows 98. It puts a line in the win.ini file
that the program searches for before it can run. Because XP uses a different
type of win.ini the program can not run. I have tried the compatability mode
but i know this is not the problem it is the win.ini file.Any Ideas?

What is the program??

Most Windows 98 program that place an entry in WIN.INI seem to work for the
XPs I set-up/use. WIN.INI seems to be the same in XP as it was in 98.