The server's call to a system service failed unexpectedly

In Event Viewer\system I get the error.

The server's call to a system service failed unexpectedly
Source is SRV and is an Event ID 2000

My system sometimes hangs and I have to reboot.
The only time this error is not logged is when booting in safe mode.
Have disabled all start-up, firewall, virus software, and it is still there.
This is has become a challenge as to what is not working, any help
appreciated.

Andy B
1 answer Last reply
More about server call system service failed unexpectedly

    To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "Andy (The Fiddler)" <nospam@home.com> wrote in message news:Oj0OiqNpFHA.272@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > In Event Viewer\system I get the error.
    >
    > The server's call to a system service failed unexpectedly
    > Source is SRV and is an Event ID 2000
    >
    > My system sometimes hangs and I have to reboot.
    > The only time this error is not logged is when booting in safe mode.
    > Have disabled all start-up, firewall, virus software, and it is still there.
    > This is has become a challenge as to what is not working, any help appreciated.
    >
    > Andy B

Servers Windows XP