Links to Freeware Update October 27, 2004.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

This is an update of the new, the updated and the removed links
on Links to Freeware at http://www.linkstofreeware.nl/ or
http://home.hccnet.nl/hmdejong/ or
http://linkstofreeware.vze.com/ (currently 1926 working links
available).

NEW additions are ...

---- In the FREEWARE section ----

AAR Software Ltd. (1 dot)
http://www.aarsoftware.com/index.html
Besides some shareware products also two freeware ones: Ascella Log
Monitor and File/Folder Description Center Light.

Barbus Software (2 dots)
http://www.barbus.biz/productlist.html
Three freeware utilities - Printable Notebook, FileBolter and
SeekSame - and a game - Puzzle maker -.
{Also in the FREEWARE - GAMES section}

Clean Data Systems (1 dot)
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/spiderbyte/
Three freeware Access Add-In data tools: UnTools, DataDict and
qryTimer.

CloneSoft Products (1 dot)
http://www.clonesoft.com/products/index.htm
Two freeware products - Customize Folder Shell Extension and
Picture Slideshow Viewer - and a screensaver.
{Also in the FREEWARE - SCREENSAVERS section}

Dadsproject (1 dot)
http://www.dadsproject.com/
A freeware frontend for PsTools, a Dutch talking Learning Clock and
a memory game.
{Also in the FREEWARE - GAMES section}

Dead Pirate Software (1 dot)
http://www.deadpirate.com/index.php?page=download
Two freeware products: SimpleCam and WDMViewer.

DIGICRAFT SOFTWARE (3 dots)
http://www.digicraft.com.au/
Two freeware utilities - Yak! and Web Notepad - and a couple of
free Delphi components here.
{Also in the FREEWARE - PROGRAMMING section}

ESDevelopment (1 dot)
http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/es.schouten/VideoBaseUpdate.htm
Two freeware products here: VideoBase and MusicBase.

Haywire's Software page (1 dot)
http://haywire.fatalunity.com/software/
One freeware application for Windows - Zdu generation 2 - and one
for Linux - mkautosmb -.
{Also in the FREEWARE - LINUX section}

Milly's Tools (2 dots)
http://www.imilly.com/tools.htm
Six freeware utilities - PowerPro, The Proxomitron, Metapad, Ole!,
NetLaunch and TClockEx.

NaTCH Engineering (2 dots)
http://www.natch.co.uk/downloads/Downloads.html
In the downloadsection of this site you'll find four freeware
utilities: Nwin, PrivateI, SigJenny and SoS.

Net Census (3 dots)
http://www.angelfire.com/space/netcensus/
At the bottom of this page you'll find a couple of freeware
utilities: GypsyProxy, XLS Test, WebHogs, RandScan and more.

PinderSoft (2 dots)
http://www.pindersoft.com/Freeware.htm
Four freeware products - Floating Clock Calendar, Mini-Notes,
Baseball Stats PS, PSMemoPak anf four freeware Excel worksheets.

Wx Plotter (1 dot)
http://www.wxplotter.com/software.php
Besides a few shareware utilities also two freeware utilities here:
My Weather Thing Lite and Personal Checkbook Register.

In the FREEWARE - PROGRAMMING section:

FreeVBCode (4 dots)
http://www.freevbcode.com/
A large collection of categorized freeware source codes.

In the FREEWARE - GAMES section:

GRAVYTRIS (partly german) (2 dots)
http://www.gravytris.tk/
A couple of freeware games here: gravytris, Fan Abenteuer, Robot
Futura and Robot Madness.

The Hamster Republic Download Museum (3 dots)
http://hamsterrepublic.com/dl/
Various freeware games with a hamster starring.

In the FREEWARE - MAC section:

Freewares on Educators' News (4 dots)
http://www.mathdittos2.com/ednews/features/edfreewares.html
A lot of freeware utilities and applications for the Mac.

Polymath Love (3 dots)
http://www.polymathlove.com/samples.html
Freeware Macintosh programs for middle school mathematics.

---- EARLIER reported OFFLINE, back ONLINE again ----

In the FREEWARE - PDA/HANDHELD section:

S.U.P.E.R. - Simply Unbeatable Palmtop Essentials Repository
http://www.palmtop.net/super.html

-----------------------------
---- REMOVED links ----
-----------------------------

From the FREEWARE section:

FileDepot Free Software
http://www.fdepot.com/free.asp
{need to install spyware}
{Also from the FREEWARE - SCREENSAVERS section}

Finale Music
http://www.finalemusic.com/
{no freeware anymore}
{Also from the FREEWARE - MAC section}

Judge Software
http://www.judge-software.co.uk/products.htm
{404 - not found}

Kaj's Homepage
http://rgfn.epcc.edu/users/ag558/software.htm
{404 - not found}
{Also from the FREEWARE - SCREENSAVERS section and from the
FREEWARE - GAMES section}

Modest Crow's Development Page
http://www.snowpile.com/dev.htm
{404 - not found}

Neil's Web Site
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Sector/4444/software.html
{deactivated by Yahoo - Geocities}

Vargon Software
http://www.vargonsoft.com/
{404 - not found}
{Also from the FREEWARE - PDA/HANDHELD section}

From the FREEWARE - PDA/HANDHELD section:

PieCafe
http://www.piecafe.demon.co.uk/index.html
{404 - not found}
{Also from the FREEWARE - OTHER OS section}

--------------
---- Note ----
--------------

Links are removed from my page when I have tried
for 4 times to reach them without any success.

--
Henk de Jong
The Netherlands

Henk de Jong wrote:

> -----------------------------
> ---- REMOVED links ----
> -----------------------------

> Finale Music
> http://www.finalemusic.com/
> {no freeware anymore}
> {Also from the FREEWARE - MAC section}

Hi Henk,

Would it be difficult for you to add "REMOVED" - like this:

http://www.finalemusic.com/REMOVED

or something similar at the end of the links you've removed. If you
could, then that information would show up in the links reports. ATM
there is no way to tell in Mark's report which links are new and which
were removed.

Susan
Pricelessware: http://www.pricelessware.org
ACF FAQ: http://clients.net2000.com.au/~johnf/faq.html
ACF wiki: http://www.markcarter.me.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?AcfWiki

Susan Bugher wrote on 28-10-2004 :
> Henk de Jong wrote:
>
>> -----------------------------
>> ---- REMOVED links ----
>> -----------------------------
>
>> Finale Music
>> http://www.finalemusic.com/
>> {no freeware anymore}
>> {Also from the FREEWARE - MAC section}
>
> Hi Henk,
>
> Would it be difficult for you to add "REMOVED" - like this:
>
> http://www.finalemusic.com/REMOVED
>
> or something similar at the end of the links you've removed. If you could,
> then that information would show up in the links reports. ATM there is no way
> to tell in Mark's report which links are new and which were removed.
>
> Susan

Hi Susan,

I see your point. I think you are right. Maybe the best thing to do is
to add "SOUL-OMIT-ARTICLE" in the update. I understood from Mark that
when these words are included in the message, the links won't show up
in the links report.

With kind regards,

--
Henk de Jong
The Netherlands

Henk de Jong wrote:

> Susan Bugher wrote on 28-10-2004 :

>> Would it be difficult for you to add "REMOVED" - like this:
>>
>> http://www.finalemusic.com/REMOVED
>>
>> or something similar at the end of the links you've removed. If you
>> could, then that information would show up in the links reports. ATM
>> there is no way to tell in Mark's report which links are new and which
>> were removed.

> I see your point. I think you are right. Maybe the best thing to do is
> to add "SOUL-OMIT-ARTICLE" in the update. I understood from Mark that
> when these words are included in the message, the links won't show up in
> the links report.

Anything that's easy. :) I'm going to try to remember to "tag" dead
links when I post them. I think it's helpful to "tag" these kinds of links:

$ware
spam
dead links

Any others?