audio device not detected

August 19, 2005 2:13:01 PM

No sound is heared from speakers.OnBoard sound card was deactivated from
BIOS, and new Creative soundcard installed.
Creative Diagnostics performed a "PASS" for Hardware and a complete "FAIL"
for all software test results.When I click on creative volume control I
receive a message "The audio device supported by this application is not
detected".
I have no yellow question marks in the Device Manager of the "System" in the
Control Panel.
The DirectX Diagnotic program gives me "No sound card was found"
If I try clicking the Device Control icon in the control panel I get a
RUNDLL Error saying:AN EXCEPTION OCCURRED WHILE TRYING TO RUN
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll,Conrol_runDLL
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\USBAudio.cpl",Device Control
What should I do?

More about : audio device detected

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 3:11:04 PM

Did you uninstall the old drivers from your onboard sound? May have a
conflict with the new Sound Blaster Drivers. My other suggestion is to
uninstall the Creative drivers and reinstall updating the drivers from the
Creative Website. If all this fails try placing the sound card in a different
PCI slot and make sure you don't have to disable the onboard sound via jumper
on the motherboard.

"RMA" wrote:

> No sound is heared from speakers.OnBoard sound card was deactivated from
> BIOS, and new Creative soundcard installed.
> Creative Diagnostics performed a "PASS" for Hardware and a complete "FAIL"
> for all software test results.When I click on creative volume control I
> receive a message "The audio device supported by this application is not
> detected".
> I have no yellow question marks in the Device Manager of the "System" in the
> Control Panel.
> The DirectX Diagnotic program gives me "No sound card was found"
> If I try clicking the Device Control icon in the control panel I get a
> RUNDLL Error saying:AN EXCEPTION OCCURRED WHILE TRYING TO RUN
> "C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll,Conrol_runDLL
> "C:\WINDOWS\system32\USBAudio.cpl",Device Control
> What should I do?
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 7:58:51 PM

Did you install the Creative drivers????

"RMA" <RMA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> No sound is heared from speakers.OnBoard sound card was deactivated from
> BIOS, and new Creative soundcard installed.
> Creative Diagnostics performed a "PASS" for Hardware and a complete "FAIL"
> for all software test results.When I click on creative volume control I
> receive a message "The audio device supported by this application is not
> detected".
> I have no yellow question marks in the Device Manager of the "System" in
> the
> Control Panel.
> The DirectX Diagnotic program gives me "No sound card was found"
> If I try clicking the Device Control icon in the control panel I get a
> RUNDLL Error saying:AN EXCEPTION OCCURRED WHILE TRYING TO RUN
> "C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll,Conrol_runDLL
> "C:\WINDOWS\system32\USBAudio.cpl",Device Control
> What should I do?
August 20, 2005 7:05:02 AM

Yes I installed the Creative Drivers. Since I decided to buy the cReative
Sound Card because I thought that the onboard sound card was not working,
what are the system files that might not be detecting the card,maybe thay got
corrupted or have got missing. This all happened when I detected some bad
sectors on the hard disc and they were automatically fixed with a SCAN
Disc,who knows?
What I remember is that on the System Hardware Device Manager I used to have
an item in the sound section called "Microsoft Kernal System Audio Device"
which now has disappeared.
Any ideas?

!