Middadle

August 19, 2005 3:30:24 PM

My pc is running very slowly. A message popped up to say harddrive is full.
Using Windows Explorer, I tracked the offending file to
c:/docs&settings/dell/local settings/temp/middaddleinst10017.exe - it is
occupying some 54gb of space!

I tried to delete, but was unable to as message said this was being used by
another program.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone advise what I can do to
remove/fix?

More about : middadle

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 11:07:25 PM

To delete undeletable files use the excellent program by Cedrick Collomb
called Unlocker. Right click the file or folder and select Unlocker. If the
file or folder is locked then a window will appear with a list of processes
locking the file or folder. Select the locks and click Unlock and you are
done.
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/unlocker170.exe

"MOGBXWPP" <MOGBXWPP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My pc is running very slowly. A message popped up to say harddrive is
> full.
> Using Windows Explorer, I tracked the offending file to
> c:/docs&settings/dell/local settings/temp/middaddleinst10017.exe - it is
> occupying some 54gb of space!
>
> I tried to delete, but was unable to as message said this was being used
> by
> another program.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone advise what I can do to
> remove/fix?
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 11:07:26 PM

Thanks for that tip - also thanks to DL for advice. Strange, I did nothing
and the file disappeared, but now it's back again with a size of 1kb! Is it
going to keep disappearing and coming back to haunt me?

I installed the Unlocker, and duly right clicked on the file. The only
process that appeared in the window was Explorer.exe - I clicked unlock, then
tried to delete, but again would not let me. So I tried again, clicked unlock
and this time clicked "Kill Process", but that killed Explorer, so I could
not delete the file....?

"pcbutts1" wrote:

> To delete undeletable files use the excellent program by Cedrick Collomb
> called Unlocker. Right click the file or folder and select Unlocker. If the
> file or folder is locked then a window will appear with a list of processes
> locking the file or folder. Select the locks and click Unlock and you are
> done.
> http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/unlocker170.exe

> "MOGBXWPP" <MOGBXWPP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My pc is running very slowly. A message popped up to say harddrive is
> > full.
> > Using Windows Explorer, I tracked the offending file to
> > c:/docs&settings/dell/local settings/temp/middaddleinst10017.exe - it is
> > occupying some 54gb of space!
> >
> > I tried to delete, but was unable to as message said this was being used
> > by
> > another program.
> >
> > Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone advise what I can do to
> > remove/fix?

August 19, 2005 11:37:47 PM

Try booting to safe mode, then deleting

You also need to run an online AV scan, eg www.symantec.com
Download, update and run both Adaware and Spybot

Run system cleanup

"MOGBXWPP" <MOGBXWPP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My pc is running very slowly. A message popped up to say harddrive is
full.
> Using Windows Explorer, I tracked the offending file to
> c:/docs&settings/dell/local settings/temp/middaddleinst10017.exe - it is
> occupying some 54gb of space!
>
> I tried to delete, but was unable to as message said this was being used
by
> another program.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone advise what I can do to
> remove/fix?
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 2:21:08 AM

Download, install, update and run all of the following.

Ad-Aware
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe

Spybot search and destroy
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe

Ewido Security Suite Trial version

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)

a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to this group so that
I can analyze it. Ignore anyone who tells you to post it elsewhere. I need
to see it not them.

HijackThis

!