Middadle

My pc is running very slowly. A message popped up to say harddrive is full.
Using Windows Explorer, I tracked the offending file to
c:/docs&settings/dell/local settings/temp/middaddleinst10017.exe - it is
occupying some 54gb of space!

I tried to delete, but was unable to as message said this was being used by
another program.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone advise what I can do to
remove/fix?
4 answers Last reply
More about middadle

    To delete undeletable files use the excellent program by Cedrick Collomb
    called Unlocker. Right click the file or folder and select Unlocker. If the
    file or folder is locked then a window will appear with a list of processes
    locking the file or folder. Select the locks and click Unlock and you are
    done.
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/unlocker170.exe

    "MOGBXWPP" <MOGBXWPP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My pc is running very slowly. A message popped up to say harddrive is
    > full.
    > Using Windows Explorer, I tracked the offending file to
    > c:/docs&settings/dell/local settings/temp/middaddleinst10017.exe - it is
    > occupying some 54gb of space!
    >
    > I tried to delete, but was unable to as message said this was being used
    > by
    > another program.
    >
    > Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone advise what I can do to
    > remove/fix?

    Thanks for that tip - also thanks to DL for advice. Strange, I did nothing
    and the file disappeared, but now it's back again with a size of 1kb! Is it
    going to keep disappearing and coming back to haunt me?

    I installed the Unlocker, and duly right clicked on the file. The only
    process that appeared in the window was Explorer.exe - I clicked unlock, then
    tried to delete, but again would not let me. So I tried again, clicked unlock
    and this time clicked "Kill Process", but that killed Explorer, so I could
    not delete the file....?

    "pcbutts1" wrote:

    > To delete undeletable files use the excellent program by Cedrick Collomb
    > called Unlocker. Right click the file or folder and select Unlocker. If the
    > file or folder is locked then a window will appear with a list of processes
    > locking the file or folder. Select the locks and click Unlock and you are
    > done.
    > http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/unlocker170.exe

    > "MOGBXWPP" <MOGBXWPP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > My pc is running very slowly. A message popped up to say harddrive is
    > > full.
    > > Using Windows Explorer, I tracked the offending file to
    > > c:/docs&settings/dell/local settings/temp/middaddleinst10017.exe - it is
    > > occupying some 54gb of space!
    > >
    > > I tried to delete, but was unable to as message said this was being used
    > > by
    > > another program.
    > >
    > > Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone advise what I can do to
    > > remove/fix?

    Try booting to safe mode, then deleting

    You also need to run an online AV scan, eg www.symantec.com
    Download, update and run both Adaware and Spybot

    Run system cleanup

    "MOGBXWPP" <MOGBXWPP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My pc is running very slowly. A message popped up to say harddrive is
    full.
    > Using Windows Explorer, I tracked the offending file to
    > c:/docs&settings/dell/local settings/temp/middaddleinst10017.exe - it is
    > occupying some 54gb of space!
    >
    > I tried to delete, but was unable to as message said this was being used
    by
    > another program.
    >
    > Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone advise what I can do to
    > remove/fix?

    Download, install, update and run all of the following.

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe

    Spybot search and destroy
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe

    Ewido Security Suite Trial version

    Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

    a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to this group so that
    I can analyze it. Ignore anyone who tells you to post it elsewhere. I need
    to see it not them.

    HijackThis

    > Thanks for that tip - also thanks to DL for advice. Strange, I did nothing
    > and the file disappeared, but now it's back again with a size of 1kb! Is
    > it
    > going to keep disappearing and coming back to haunt me?
    >
    > I installed the Unlocker, and duly right clicked on the file. The only
    > process that appeared in the window was Explorer.exe - I clicked unlock,
    > then
    > tried to delete, but again would not let me. So I tried again, clicked
    > unlock
    > and this time clicked "Kill Process", but that killed Explorer, so I could
    > not delete the file....?
    >
    > "pcbutts1" wrote:
    >
    >> To delete undeletable files use the excellent program by Cedrick Collomb
    >> called Unlocker. Right click the file or folder and select Unlocker. If
    >> the
    >> file or folder is locked then a window will appear with a list of
    >> processes
    >> locking the file or folder. Select the locks and click Unlock and you are
    >> done.
    >> http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/unlocker170.exe
    >>
    >> --

    >> "MOGBXWPP" <MOGBXWPP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > My pc is running very slowly. A message popped up to say harddrive is
    >> > full.
    >> > Using Windows Explorer, I tracked the offending file to
    >> > c:/docs&settings/dell/local settings/temp/middaddleinst10017.exe - it
    >> > is
    >> > occupying some 54gb of space!
    >> >
    >> > I tried to delete, but was unable to as message said this was being
    >> > used
    >> > by
    >> > another program.
    >> >
    >> > Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone advise what I can do to
    >> > remove/fix?

Windows XP