RADIAN 8500 AMD Conflict!!

G

I have just purchased a brand new system, but I am having major conflicts with the ATI Radian 8500 and my AMD based system. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas or would like to trade straight up for another high end card. This card is intended for Intel Based systems.

Raleldor

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
What problems are you having?

I have a radeon 8500 in my AMD athlon 700mhz system without any touch of a problem or conflict. Did you use the october 23rd drivers off of ATI's website? Only problem I did have was that dvd playback was messed up using the drivers that came with the CD

G

I have updated every driver on my pc direct from the manufacturer web pages, and it still sudenly locks up or restarts.

G

I have a 300W power supply, could this really have anything to do with it?

Raleldor

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I cant say its directly related as I also have a 300w power supply.. Guess it depends on what other stuff you have in the computer.. what is the motherboard? give us some info on your comp.

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
I've had the same problem with many vid cards. Doesn't mean that it's a conflict between the CPU and the card.

Make sure you have all your MB drivers, and try turning 4X AGP off in your bios. That might help.

60 FPS, 70 FPS, 80 FPS Crash!
Daylight comes and I have to go to work :frown:

CoOLMaNX

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
AMD systems do use up a lot of that PSU, and I would think a video card of that power (geforce 3's, ti-200, etc.) along with the rest of your components can use up a lot of power. If your PSU isn't so great, like enermax, then maybe the current flow is not sufficient enough to keep the system running. Speaking of that, when does your computer usually begin having this problem?