Mouse cursor freezing in centre of screen

I have a problem where the mouse cursor freezes in the centre of the display
and does not move. Keyboard still works. The mouse is part of the Logitech
Cordless Comfort set (Mouse = Logitech Mouseman Optical)

This problem occurs in Battlefield 2 on finishing one map and loading
another and also when updating the online server status, never in game.

In Star Wars Galaxies, upon loading a new planet it and once in game.

In Rome: Total War on the general campaign map.

In Counterstrike: Sourcen upon finishing a game and loading up the next
player update screen.

To date I have all XP updates, Creative Audigy 2Z sounddrivers and NVIDIA
7800GTX drivers all up to date as are the Logitech and keyboard drivers and
software. Interesting, upon deleting the Logitech software to install the new
edition Battlefield 2 will now load up - but upon trying to commence a game
it now locks on the initial spawn map screen, previously I was able to get
past this and into the game. I have tried with a Logitech MX1000 and basic
corded mice and got the same effect.

I would be grateful if someone could point me inh the right direction cause
this is driving me mad!

I am also getting complete freezes with sound repetition now in SWG so maybe
it is a sound issue afterall