how bout this video card?

G

right now im fixing up my comp to a 1.4 ghz athlon, GA-7VTXH motherboard, running winxp, i would like to know if a 64MB GeForce2 MX400 4x AGP 350RAMDAC TV-Out would work good for me? and also, would it have a monitor plugin, and tv plugin? if so, would i be able to run both at once?, also, is it even worth getting it with tv out? i dont plan on using tv out too much, and does it take more resources? thank you! ladr

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
I guess the card is good. Personally, I'd go for a GTS, bur your choice. The TV-Out doesn't use extra resources, and if you will use it even a teeny bit, get it. I don't belive that card has udla monitor support, hence you can only view 1 device at a time.

U got a problem?! Then dial 1800-328-7448!

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
I thought the MX had built in Dual Display support?

Not sure if a TV out and Monitor can be run dualy though.

60 FPS, 70 FPS, 80 FPS Crash!
Daylight comes and I have to go to work :frown:

Negaverse23

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Sounds good. You might want to use a PCI and a AGP card if you want multimonitor support. Don't know if both video outputs would work at the same time on the geforce2 MX.

<font color=blue>Another waste of bandwidth on the web. :tongue: </font color=blue>

G

i hear i cannot play dvd through the tv connection, is this true?? what other things cant i do?

Negaverse23

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Some cards probably use a macrovisiion code. I do know that ATI's Radeon 64 DDR VIVO doesn't have this problem but I don't know if the Geforce cards have this problem.

<font color=blue>Another waste of bandwidth on the web. :tongue: </font color=blue>