Why isn't my cute user icon showing up at the top of my st..

Thank you
5 answers Last reply
More about cute user icon showing

    Go to Start>>Control Panel>>User Accounts. Click your account, then click
    change my picture. Once you've selected your picture, click Change Picture.
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/ua_picture_apply_own.mspx

    --

    Cheers,
    Tinkerer

    "mars3" <mars3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    --
    Thank you

    i've tried this, and yet it wont show up next to my user account name at the
    top of my start menu :(
    --
    Thank you

    "Tinkerer" wrote:

    > Go to Start>>Control Panel>>User Accounts. Click your account, then click
    > change my picture. Once you've selected your picture, click Change Picture.
    > http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/ua_picture_apply_own.mspx
    >
    > --
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Tinkerer
    >

    > "mars3" <mars3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >
    > --
    > Thank you

    Have you tried Start>>Control Panel>>Taskbar and Start Menu, change the
    start menu to Classic Start Menu, maybe a restart, then switch back?

    --

    "Tinkerer" wrote:

    > Go to Start>>Control Panel>>User Accounts. Click your account, then click
    > change my picture. Once you've selected your picture, click Change
    > Picture.
    > http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/ua_picture_apply_own.mspx
    >
    > --
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Tinkerer
    >

    > "mars3" <mars3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >
    > --
    > Thank you

    Try looking around in this web page:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/removepicture.htm

    --

    "Tinkerer" wrote:

    > Go to Start>>Control Panel>>User Accounts. Click your account, then click
    > change my picture. Once you've selected your picture, click Change
    > Picture.
    > http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/ua_picture_apply_own.mspx
    >
    > --
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Tinkerer
    >

    > "mars3" <mars3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >
    > --
    > Thank you

    Are you using the Windows XP' New Start Menu?
    Is the Welcome Screen enabled?

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "mars3" <mars3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > i've tried this, and yet it wont show up next to my user account name at
    > the
    > top of my start menu :(
    > --
    > Thank you
    >

    > "Tinkerer" wrote:
    >
    >> Go to Start>>Control Panel>>User Accounts. Click your account, then
    >> click
    >> change my picture. Once you've selected your picture, click Change
    >> Picture.
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/ua_picture_apply_own.mspx
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Cheers,