My Laptop screen is flickering on and off every now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xLei

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
My laptop has been working all fine and dandy but today and on Saturday I noticed something strange...My screen flickered off and on a few times when moving my laptop (on Saturday) but today when I put in my adapter to charge it, I saw it flicker off and on again so I investigated by wiggling the adapter connector where it meets the back of the computer.

Can you tell me what this sounds like?

Oh, it's a Dell Inspiron N5050, Intel i5.

Solution

Hi :)

People always hope its the cable but rarely is...

Having said that, here is what I would do...

Carefully remove the screen bezel (Google a video if you don't know how) then remove the screws on the side brackets and GENTLY tip the screen forward so you can see the back of it...

You SHOULD see the screen cable plugged into its receptor and TAPED over so it cannot move...if the tape is missing replace it and try again or if the cable is not seated FULLY IN ...then reseat and re tape it (moving the screen , BEFORE you put it...

I would guess the screen is conking out...if you are very lucky, it MAY just be the screen cable becoming detached from the connector on the back of the screen...

When if FLICKERS, does it just go OFF then back on , OR does it go DIM then back ON... ?

All the best Brett :)

xLei

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
It goes OFF then back on, not dim. It literally turns off the screen the turns it back on. Sometimes, if I hold it really still in the position it flicked off in, it'll stay off until I move it again.

People always hope its the cable but rarely is...

Having said that, here is what I would do...

Carefully remove the screen bezel (Google a video if you don't know how) then remove the screws on the side brackets and GENTLY tip the screen forward so you can see the back of it...

You SHOULD see the screen cable plugged into its receptor and TAPED over so it cannot move...if the tape is missing replace it and try again or if the cable is not seated FULLY IN ...then reseat and re tape it (moving the screen , BEFORE you put it back together)

While stripping the screen down to look...BATTERY REMOVED and CHARGER DISCONNECTED !!

You are doing this at your own risk...if not happy to do it...Laptop repair shop, for diagnosis...

All the best Brett :)

Solution

xLei

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
Thank you so very much for your time!

I will try that tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS