Since I got awesome advice about my build, my friend was interested if I can ask TH community to help him picking right laptop.
1. Around $1000
2. 13-15" Monitor
3. i7 Quad Core
4. nVidia GeForce graphics
5. Resolution is not important, laptop will be connected on HP IPS screen when at home
6. There will be some 3D Modelling/Rendering (not very heavy tasks)
7. Main tasks on this computer will be: Heavily usage of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign. Often used 3DS Catia, Adobe Premiere Pro
8. Anything above 500GB HDD is OK.
9. HP, Asus, Lenovo, Samsung and Toshiba
My friend want to buy reliable and future-proof laptop mainly used for designing and modeling/rendering.
For now he is considering Lenovo Y580 (i7 + 6 GB RAM + 15.6" + GeForce GTX660M).