Sign in with
Your question

Http://www tomshardware com/forum/3954-63-problem-windows

Last response: in Windows 7
July 20, 2010 8:43:18 AM

i use windows 7 i now want to connect to the VPN of my university so i can have access to articles yet i instanll the vpn client the connection is establishing but the ip remains the same so i cannot enter into the databases...anyone have an idea?
a b $ Windows 7
July 20, 2010 9:12:28 AM

Uni have DHCP enabled? Your PC set to auto IP? try typing "ipconfig /renew" into CMD
m
l
July 20, 2010 10:31:34 AM

how can i check if the pc is set to auto IP.Basically when i connect to VPN is shows me that i have an assigned Ip but when i check my IP remains the same so i cannot enter into universirt database
m
l
Related resources
July 20, 2010 10:33:28 AM

when i typed ipconfig/renew is showed me that it is unable to contact DHCP server and the request timed out
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 20, 2010 1:58:05 PM

Typically you should have a student IT tech who goes from room to room to help in these situations, search him out.
What version of Windows & do you have? profesional?
m
l
July 20, 2010 8:07:11 PM

i have windows 7 professional.i searched all day today why is this happening..is it possible to be router's problem?i have wirelless.i seasrched and the dhcp is enabled but when i type ipconfig/renew in the cmd it shows me that it is unable to connect to dhcp server
m
l
!