Nvidia's geforce2 TI??

Rassler

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2001
i was wondering if anybody out there owns this card?? does it perform as well as the pro? have you had any problems with it? What brand did u buy?

Nice people are kool...Mean people just suck :lol:

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
well, when me and my friend were building our almost identical systems like two weeks ago, he had some problems with his ati rage fury maxx, and saw what little trouble i had with the geforce 2 pro by msi, so he decided to get a new video card...so off to frys we went...
and he picked up a nice visiontek xtacy geforce 2 ti...and this thing installed with no problems..
and it works about the same as my video card...although he does get like 100 more points in 3dmark2K1...
but with a bit of overclocking, i was able to close that gap..
i think that the ti is just like the ultra...overclocked, but at a nice price since it has slower ram...i think it is the same ram as the pro...but the core clock of the gpu is clocked higher...like 50 mhz higher...cant remember exact ammount, but it was higher...
so to answer your question, yeah..it performs well, and isnt that bad when it comes to how much of a bite it is going to take out of your wallet...

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
The GeForce2 Ti should perform about 3-4% faster than the GeForce2 Pro overall because only it's core is faster, not the RAM.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor