nVidia Driver Problems

NurseMSIC

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2001
I need advice if possible.
Firstly my system:
PIII 733 fsb 133
RAM 384 Mb PC133
40 Gig Western Dig Partioned (5 Gig for System)
Intel 815 EP Motherboard with onboard Soundmax
Windows 2000 SP 2

And have just changed my Voodoo 3 3000 for a Gainward Geforce MX 2 400 VIVO Twin View(3.5 ns).

Problem is - i think i've downloaded all the lastest drivers (which i had to do as the ones provided were next to useless) but cant run the 'Expert Tool' utility, as it states i don't have the right graphics card!
I'm also unsure if the drivers are installed correctly, as 'Detonators' are new to me - the 3dFX drivers were identified by date order, therefore the newer the better, but things don't seem so easy now....
Any ideas??

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
You need to remove all traces of Voodoo drivers both in the Registry as well as on your hard drive.

Do a search on your hard drive and remove all files containing <b>3dfx*</b>. Do this by doing a search typing <b>3dfx*</b>. In the registry run <b>regedit</b> in the <b>Run</b> command and do a <b>find</b> command typing in <b>3dfx</b> in the find, make sure you use <b>find next</b> command as well throughout your whole Registry, Each instance of 3dfx delete the key, be careful and first backup your registry. 3dfx drivers are know to cause problems with any graphic card inserted afterwards even when uninstall is used.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by noko on 11/03/01 04:40 PM.</EM></FONT></P>