installer/safe mode

I'm experiencing problems with my anti-virus program and need to uninstall
it. Apparently, either my installer needs reinstalling or I'm running in
safe mode.

"The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you
are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not
correctly installed."

I've tried the Cleanup utility program for MSI, but I can't install that
either. Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about installer safe mode

    The "Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed" Error Message appears When You
    Add or Remove Program - 1719
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315346
    Error 1719. The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. You may be running
    in safe mode or Windows Installer may not be correctly installed.

    How to resolve Common "Windows Installer" Problems
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];555175

    Windows Installer 3.1 Redistributable (v2)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=889482fc-5f56-4a38-b838-de776fd4138c&DisplayLang=en

    axekik wrote:
    > I'm experiencing problems with my anti-virus program and need to
    > uninstall it. Apparently, either my installer needs reinstalling or
    > I'm running in safe mode.
    >
    > "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur
    > if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer
    > is not correctly installed."
    >
    > I've tried the Cleanup utility program for MSI, but I can't install
    > that either. Thanks in advance.

Safe Mode Windows Installer Installer Windows XP