  • Windows Installer
  • Installer
  • Windows XP
August 19, 2005 11:28:01 PM

I'm experiencing problems with my anti-virus program and need to uninstall
it. Apparently, either my installer needs reinstalling or I'm running in
safe mode.

"The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you
are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not
correctly installed."

I've tried the Cleanup utility program for MSI, but I can't install that
either. Thanks in advance.

More about : installer safe mode

Anonymous
August 20, 2005 4:49:27 PM

The "Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed" Error Message appears When You
Add or Remove Program - 1719
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315346
Error 1719. The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. You may be running
in safe mode or Windows Installer may not be correctly installed.

How to resolve Common "Windows Installer" Problems
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];555175

Windows Installer 3.1 Redistributable (v2)