Sign in with
Your question

How to remove Dirt particles from the corners of An LED screen?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
February 26, 2013 7:31:34 AM

My 15" laptop LED screen has got dirt and sand particles in the corners around the sides, nothing can reach that place, and I can't use sharp or pointed objects to penetrate these narrow areas, is there any other trick I may use to remove these stubborn dirt particles, I'm afraid if I don't get rid of them immediately they may become permanent....
a c 205 D Laptop
February 26, 2013 11:38:48 AM

You'll have to crack the case open to clean them, anything you try to get in there will likely just push them inside. But if they are on the visible area, why can't you reach them? Try a cotton swab.
m
l
a b D Laptop
February 26, 2013 1:35:06 PM

You may want to try a soft-bristled tooth brush to see if that can sweep the corners clean.

-Wolf sends
m
l
Related resources
February 26, 2013 1:56:48 PM

You can use a piece of tape. Cut it to the angle needed to place it in the corner, then try to apply it as straight on as possible. Pull it off after a few seconds and much of the dust should come with it. Repeat as needed.
m
l
a b D Laptop
February 26, 2013 2:12:07 PM

Interesting. I would think that a piece of tape would leave a sticky residue; eventually resulting in even more dust and dirt getting stuck in the corners.

-Wolf sends
m
l
February 27, 2013 12:27:09 PM

Quote:
You can use a piece of tape. Cut it to the angle needed to place it in the corner, then try to apply it as straight on as possible. Pull it off after a few seconds and much of the dust should come with it. Repeat as needed.

:pt1cable:  well at first glance i was really impressed with your idea, but when i read wolf's counter-idea it reminds me that it really can leave sticky marks on the screen, have you tried this trick of tape yet, did it leave such marks?
m
l
February 27, 2013 12:31:36 PM

Quote:
You may want to try a soft-bristled tooth brush to see if that can sweep the corners clean.

-Wolf sends

with hang-the-9's factuation, i guess i'd have to sweep across the sides?
m
l
February 27, 2013 1:04:13 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Graphics & Displays to section Laptops & Notebooks by Mousemonkey
m
l
a c 249 D Laptop
February 28, 2013 12:03:12 AM

Hi :) 

Compressed air can from a Computer shop...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
!