Unexpected change in Windows Context Menu

August 20, 2005 9:20:20 AM

Hi.
I wud really appreciate it, if somebody can come up with a solution to
this problem coz it's really slowing down my work.

Whenever i double click a drive icon, instead of displaying the
contents of the drive (opening the drive), i get the search window.
I have checked the context menu by right clicking the drive and found
the first option to be "Search..." instead of the usual "Open" option.
how can i revert back to the original "Open" option (in the default
first position)in the context menu.
Don't tell me about system restore coz i have disabled windows restore
long time back.

--
asim662
Anonymous

"asim662" <asim662.1u1se5@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> Hi.
> I wud really appreciate it, if somebody can come up with a solution to
> this problem coz it's really slowing down my work.
>
> Whenever i double click a drive icon, instead of displaying the
> contents of the drive (opening the drive), i get the search window.
> I have checked the context menu by right clicking the drive and found
> the first option to be "Search..." instead of the usual "Open" option.
> how can i revert back to the original "Open" option (in the default
> first position)in the context menu.
> Don't tell me about system restore coz i have disabled windows restore
> long time back.

Type the following commands in the Start>Run dialog box [Winkey +R]

cmd /k REG ADD "HKCR\Drive\Shell" /ve /d none
and
cmd /k REG ADD "HKCR\Directory\Shell" /ve /d none

If you added a Print Directory or something similar to the Drive or Folder
context menu then there may be side-effects of the Search window opening
when double-click a folder or drive.

--
William
!