Unexpected change in Windows Context Menu

Hi.
I wud really appreciate it, if somebody can come up with a solution to
this problem coz it's really slowing down my work.

Whenever i double click a drive icon, instead of displaying the
contents of the drive (opening the drive), i get the search window.
I have checked the context menu by right clicking the drive and found
the first option to be "Search..." instead of the usual "Open" option.
how can i revert back to the original "Open" option (in the default
first position)in the context menu.
Don't tell me about system restore coz i have disabled windows restore
long time back.

--
asim662
1 answer Last reply

    "asim662" <asim662.1u1se5@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > Hi.
    > I wud really appreciate it, if somebody can come up with a solution to
    > this problem coz it's really slowing down my work.
    >
    > Whenever i double click a drive icon, instead of displaying the
    > contents of the drive (opening the drive), i get the search window.
    > I have checked the context menu by right clicking the drive and found
    > the first option to be "Search..." instead of the usual "Open" option.
    > how can i revert back to the original "Open" option (in the default
    > first position)in the context menu.
    > Don't tell me about system restore coz i have disabled windows restore
    > long time back.

    Type the following commands in the Start>Run dialog box [Winkey +R]

    cmd /k REG ADD "HKCR\Drive\Shell" /ve /d none
    and
    cmd /k REG ADD "HKCR\Directory\Shell" /ve /d none

    If you added a Print Directory or something similar to the Drive or Folder
    context menu then there may be side-effects of the Search window opening
    when double-click a folder or drive.

    --
    William

Microsoft Windows XP