Windows Image Aquisition Service and Creative PC CAM

morgan

For some reason, WIAS has started launching the Creative PC Cam software
that came with my Creative PC Cam. I don't use the PC Cam software and have
tried to uninstall it. The uninstall appears to go well, however it actually
does nothing. All files are still there, and the program continues to
function. I asked Creative for instructions for removing the software
manually and they gave instructions for removing some other unrelated
software. I've asked again, but so far, no response. Uninstalling from Safe
Mode, with WIAS turned off did not allow an uninstall either.

If I can just get the WIAS to stop launching the program every few minutes,
without setting WIAS to DISABLE or MANUAL, I'd be OK. For now, I have
changed the name of the exe file, so that I just get an error message from
WIAS, which is easier to close than the PC Cam program itself.

I'm afraid that if I manually uninstall PC Cam and miss something, WIAS will
continue to look for it every few minutes.

I'm considering trying to reinstall the PC Cam software and then trying to
uninstall it again.

I would prefer to just be able to get WIAS to leave the PC Cam software
alone while remaining in automatic mode.

Any help uninstalling the program, or, getting WIAS to quit starting the
program would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

M.

Sorry, but I don't have a solution here - Creative PC Cam software works
fine.. But, should you decide to reinstall and then uninstall, I'd recommend
that you use Total Uninstall to monitor the installation (the freeware
version is v2.x) available at http://www. martau.com