XP not loading - user.dll error

I found my XP SP2 PC with the blue screen of death and this error message:
STOP: c000269 (Illegal system DLL relocation)
The system user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run
properly.
The relocation ocurred becvause the dll C:\windows\system 32\ntdll.dll
occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLLs. The vendor
supplying the DLL should be %S %S
***
Won't boot up from XP installation CD either.

Not sure, but kids may have downloaded something with a virus.

Any help appreciated!
1 answer Last reply
More about loading user error

    Not booting from CD indicates a corrupt BIOS. Look into 'flashing' your BIOS back to the original, or an update version
    How to boot from a CD:

    Mark L. Ferguson
    "Caldo De Gallina" <Caldo De Gallina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I found my XP SP2 PC with the blue screen of death and this error message:
    > STOP: c000269 (Illegal system DLL relocation)
    > The system user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run
    > properly.
    > The relocation ocurred becvause the dll C:\windows\system 32\ntdll.dll
    > occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLLs. The vendor
    > supplying the DLL should be %S %S
    > ***
    > Won't boot up from XP installation CD either.
    >
    > Not sure, but kids may have downloaded something with a virus.
    >
    > Any help appreciated!

DLL Windows XP