Linksys WAP11 BEFSR41 link connectivity problems with PC NIC

I have two PCs and one Linksys WAP11 v2.8 connected to a Linksys
BEFSR41 v2.0 router. I have a cable modem connected to the WAN port.
Nothing is connected to the uplink port. The PCs are both set up to
auto for speed and duplex. The Linksys lights indicate link for both
PCs at 100/full. When I connect the WAP11, the lights periodically
flash on the BEFSR11. I do not get a link light on the WAP11. When I
disconnect one of the PCs, the link light goes off on that port but on
for the WAP11. Plug the PC back in and the link light goes off on the
WAP11. I was able to correct this problem by hard setting the PC in
question to 10BaseT. Has anyone else had this problem? Ideas as to
why?

The older WAP11 only connects at 10 mbps - not sure if the newer versions
are 10/100.

I have several ver 1.1 of the WAP11's connecting to a BEFSR41 ver 2.0
without any problems.

Have you changed cables?