Strange behaviour

My ISP provided a free copy of Zone Alarm Security Suite to all customers. I
installed it Thursday and have been having trouble ever since. The biggest
issue is IE not accessing Hotmail, Microsoft Update and several other sites.
I have also noticed that the XP Search window only shows the animated
dog....no options...and system restore opens to a blank window. I have
unistalled ZA, but still no change. I re-installed SP2...same thing. Does
anybody have any idea what I can do?
Win XP pro
SP2
1 answer Last reply
More about strange behaviour

    Do a System Restore to a date/time before the ZA suite was installed. Don't
    know BUT you could have a problem if SP2 was installed after ZA was removed
    as there may be no restore point available now of before the ZA install.

    "Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My ISP provided a free copy of Zone Alarm Security Suite to all customers.
    > installed it Thursday and have been having trouble ever since. The biggest
    > issue is IE not accessing Hotmail, Microsoft Update and several other
    > sites.
    > I have also noticed that the XP Search window only shows the animated
    > dog....no options...and system restore opens to a blank window. I have
    > unistalled ZA, but still no change. I re-installed SP2...same thing. Does
    > anybody have any idea what I can do?
    > Win XP pro
    > SP2

Internet Service Providers Microsoft Windows XP