I created a slipstreamed cd yesterday. Now I need to load it on my new PC.
But I can't open the file. it is an ISO file and I don't have an application
to open this file. How do I load my slipstreamed xp pro file on my pc?

debbiev wrote:
> I created a slipstreamed cd yesterday. Now I need to load
> it on my new PC. But I can't open the file. it is an ISO
> file and I don't have an application to open this file. How
> do I load my slipstreamed xp pro file on my pc?

You can't just copy the ISO file to a cd. You have to use CD
burning software which is capable of creating a bootable CD.
Here's an article that provides instruction on creating an
image from your ISO file:

How to successfully burn or write an ISO-image to CD or DVD
http://iso.snoekonline.com/iso.htm#Burning%20an%20ISO%20image

I've used this free program successfully:

CDBurnerXP Pro
http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

Good luck

Nepatsfan

Try this site to get a better grip on how to create a slipstreamed XP cd..
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1626&page=1

j;-)

"debbiev" wrote:

> I created a slipstreamed cd yesterday. Now I need to load it on my new PC.
> But I can't open the file. it is an ISO file and I don't have an application
> to open this file. How do I load my slipstreamed xp pro file on my pc?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

The easiest way to create a slipstream CD that I have found is to use Nlite
<a free program>. Choose the two options (1) integrate sp2 and (2) create
an iso file. After the iso file is crated, then use your burn software to
burn the iso file. This is generally done from File --> burn from a disk
image.