32mb & 64mb ? the difference is too big ?

G

i was getting a GF2 TI ,but no $$$ now, So most i can pay is $60 or 70 i dontknow what to get good, i dont want the best just something to play games like UNREAL very good. and im tired of people saying gf2 mx400 sucks and gts is better KKK, GTS is better but i dont have the money to buy it, i want something like mx400 and is any good or what ? you all just say mx400 too slow or whatever it is , BUT i have a ATI RAGE PRO TURBO 8mb agp 2x so i think this is more slow than a mx400 im right or wrong ? CAuse my rage pro turbo looks HORRIBLE on unreal is impossible to see all the texture on the game, all i see are lots of mix colors on the walls of the game thats horrible and run like 2 frames per sec ,SO is Mx400 something better ? i hear long time ago VOODOO3 WAS GReat card and many people tell me they run UNREAL with that card and was great. AND is MX400 alot better than a VOODOO3 if is better what about VOODOO5 VS MX400 ?!??!?? OK SOME 1 help me on this plz . i just wish to go and buy GF2 TI right now but i dont have $150 . ALL i can get is a mx400 i think is there something better at $70 or 80+ up to 100 PLZ tell me

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
the Geforece 2 MX400 is a decient card, I had one for a long time (MX, but same thing). The issue is that it has slower mem (SDR, not DDR) and is slower than the GTS. To compair the two, the GTS is faster, but the MX is still a decient budget solution. Check out the Visiontech Geforce2 GTS-V card (I think that's the brand). It's a lower end GTS for like 60-70, so it might be the perfect solution for you, but a MX will work just fine as well.

ED
Oh, check out www.Pricewatch.com and Tom's Price grabber. You can see if you can find a better card for under $100 there.

60 FPS, 70 FPS, 80 FPS Crash!
Daylight comes and I have to go to work :frown: <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by bront on 11/07/01 08:48 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

GF2 GTS-V ??? for $70 ? where can i find it at that price? well yeah i hope thats better to get then, but where can i get it? i try bestbuy.com but i dont see it there and a mx400 64mb is at $99.99 I LIVE in USA florida. Can u recomend me any site for gts-v... oh and i hate BUY ONLINe, the other day i was trying to buy a modem to play my ps2 Tony hawk pro 3 ONLINE, and i try 3 times then the other day they send me a email saying your ORDER HAS BEEN CANCEL ? why that and they dont explain why, thats why i hate buy online.. and was the site www.buy.com KKK hey thanks you alot plz if u can tell me where to get that gts-v at $70

Smilin

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
You've had some bad luck in online purchases. Try again. I order so much stuff online I have my credit card memorized...never had a problem yet.

Anyone ever tell you that you type like JeffK?

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
Check out www.newegg.com. I've personaly never ordered from them, but I know lots of others here have, and I would guess have had good experiences.

60 FPS, 70 FPS, 80 FPS Crash!
Daylight comes and I have to go to work :frown:

Frocer

Distinguished
May 28, 2001
Or buy a Kyro2, probably the best budget card out there. I will take a kyro2 over MX400 anyday.

If you are interested, look for Hercules 3D Prophet 4500

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
YOu can get the full version GTS for under $100 at several sites now, check Pricewatch for venders. The GTS-V is a similar card with slower memory (7ns vs 6ns). The -V still outperforms the MX400 but by a smaller margin.

Back to you Tom...

G

ok But is better to me something in $50 to 70 i have no money for $100 n0w of course i wish i can buy gts but i cant NEED THE $$$ , wothout that no GTS ! oh 1 more thing the TV OUT cards means i can use my computer on the TV ? and how much cost the LINK to connect to a tv ? im going to get mx400 maybe or im about to get mx200 if there is no too much difference ......... No job no nothing me here AGRR NO MONEY NO CARD !!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
DON'T GET THE MX200! It is one of the WORST video cards on the market! The old (3 years now) TNT2 will siginificantly outperform the MX200, I even posted scores at Madonion.com to prove it.
YOur best cheap solution is the Radeon LE for around $60, or the LE-TVO for around $75.
If you want something even cheaper, look for a TNT2. Not the TNT2 Vanta, which has reduced hardware, or the TNT2 M64, which has reduced memory bandwidth, but the original version TNT2. The Diamond V770 is such a card and is avaialble for around $30 on pricewatch.

Back to you Tom...

TRENDING THREADS