Asus motherboard bios update problem

Are there any computer boffins out there who can help me.?
I’m trying to update my bios on and old ASUS K7M SLOT A Motherboard.
As per Asus instructions I’ve downloaded AFLASH and the new bios
file from Asus website. Created a boot disk using Windows XP and
Millenium unzipped the files and coppied them to the disks.
At the promt window typed AFLASH and hit enter. All I get is a message
saying can’t find sytem bios hook
Does anybody have any Idea’s :(

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Asus-motherboard-bios-update-problem-ftopict411223.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1367503

"nudger" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> Are there any computer boffins out there who can help me.?
> I’m trying to update my bios on and old ASUS K7M SLOT A Motherboard.
> As per Asus instructions I’ve downloaded AFLASH and the new bios
> file from Asus website. Created a boot disk using Windows XP and
> Millenium unzipped the files and coppied them to the disks.
> At the promt window typed AFLASH and hit enter. All I get is a message
> saying can’t find sytem bios hook
> Does anybody have any Idea’s :(

Try posting the question to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

Kerry

Make floopy the boot disc in bios. And start. (That is the reason for the
floppy) Follow instructions. Good luck FjV
"nudger" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> Are there any computer boffins out there who can help me.?
> Iâ?Tm trying to update my bios on and old ASUS K7M SLOT A Motherboard.
> As per Asus instructions Iâ?Tve downloaded AFLASH and the new bios
> file from Asus website. Created a boot disk using Windows XP and
> Millenium unzipped the files and coppied them to the disks.
> At the promt window typed AFLASH and hit enter. All I get is a message
> saying canâ?Tt find sytem bios hook
> Does anybody have any Ideaâ?Ts :(

> request
> Topic URL: