Windows reports wrong internet connection speed

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I have a 2M connection via a USB connected ADSL modem. The modem
status correctly reports the speed as 2M and that is confirmed by
downloading files and so on.

But the icon in the notification area that denotes the actual ISP
connection (the two little monitors) reports only 576K.

Not a serious problem, but why is it wrong?

Regards

--
John Gruffydd (Mold, Wales, UK)

There are three speeds to consider.