Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

What was this game??

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
Share
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 7:29:17 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

I've been curious as to what this game was when it played.

I found a game chip which I assume comes from a game for Atari
2600 but can't be sure. It fits perfectly in the Atari 2600 but
does not play. Just a bunch of random wavy colourful lines
shows on screen and bad audio as if it hadn't been inserted
properly. Inside the lines I can see some responce to joystick movements
as if the game is playing a little.

Printed on the (4cm x 3.5 cm) board the game chips sits on:
(C)1982, 75724, REV B. It has a disc capacitor wired to it.

And printed on the (3cm x 1.5cm) chip: (c)1982, 73982,
2332-16785, E 3982,

Do these numbers give any clues as to what it is?

--
Tony
t2k@vcn.bc.ca

More about : game

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 7:29:18 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

From what you've described, it sounds like you might have a PAL game which
you are trying to use on an NTSC television. As for the numbering on the
chip, perhaps someone can check the Digital Press Guide--the numbering
doesn't sound like the convention used by Atari, Activision, Imagic, or
companies I am familiar with.

Do you have an old television that lets you adjust the horizontal/vertical
hold? If so, you might at least be able to get a clearer image to help you
identify the game.


"Roy Tony" <t2k@vcn.bc.ca> wrote in message
news:D 80fud$2u3$6@luna.vcn.bc.ca...
> I've been curious as to what this game was when it played.
>
> I found a game chip which I assume comes from a game for Atari
> 2600 but can't be sure. It fits perfectly in the Atari 2600 but
> does not play. Just a bunch of random wavy colourful lines
> shows on screen and bad audio as if it hadn't been inserted
> properly. Inside the lines I can see some responce to joystick movements
> as if the game is playing a little.
>
> Printed on the (4cm x 3.5 cm) board the game chips sits on:
> (C)1982, 75724, REV B. It has a disc capacitor wired to it.
>
> And printed on the (3cm x 1.5cm) chip: (c)1982, 73982,
> 2332-16785, E 3982,
>
> Do these numbers give any clues as to what it is?
>
> --
> Tony
> t2k@vcn.bc.ca
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 4:53:23 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

Android <androvich@nocomcastspam.net> wrote:
> From what you've described, it sounds like you might have a PAL game which
> you are trying to use on an NTSC television.

But I play it on Atari 2600 which is working properly. Do you mean the
game itself is PAL?

> As for the numbering on thechip, perhaps someone can check the Digital
> Press Guide--the numbering doesn't sound like the convention used by
> Atari, Activision, Imagic, or companies I am familiar with.

A website for the chips numbering would make it a lot easier. What's the
URL for it?

> "Roy Tony" <t2k@vcn.bc.ca> wrote in message
> news:D 80fud$2u3$6@luna.vcn.bc.ca...
>> I've been curious as to what this game was when it played.
>>
>> I found a game chip which I assume comes from a game for Atari
>> 2600 but can't be sure. It fits perfectly in the Atari 2600 but
>> does not play. Just a bunch of random wavy colourful lines
>> shows on screen and bad audio as if it hadn't been inserted
>> properly. Inside the lines I can see some responce to joystick movements
>> as if the game is playing a little.
>>
>> Printed on the (4cm x 3.5 cm) board the game chips sits on:
>> (C)1982, 75724, REV B. It has a disc capacitor wired to it.
>>
>> And printed on the (3cm x 1.5cm) chip: (c)1982, 73982,
>> 2332-16785, E 3982,
>>
>> Do these numbers give any clues as to what it is?
>>
>> --
>> Tony
>> t2k@vcn.bc.ca
!