I have accidentally disabled my video driver then restarted my computer.
Using XP home on a 2.4 dell, 256 RAM. On startup I have a blank screen.
What can I do to enable this video driver?

Thanks,

Phil

Start in Safe Mode and enable the video driver.

To start the computer in safe mode
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/boot_failsafe.mspx

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:A28C1C38-65C3-4104-809F-17319E1DC1C6@microsoft.com,
cpcphil <cpcphil@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

cpcphil Wrote:
> I have accidentally disabled my video driver then restarted my
> computer.
> Using XP home on a 2.4 dell, 256 RAM. On startup I have a blank
> screen.
> What can I do to enable this video driver?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phil

You will probably need to reset the BIOS from the motherboard. You will
need to know the location and how to configure the jumpers to reset it.
I got a tip from a friend who suggested to first remove the motherboard
battery for a few minutes, then plugging it back in. Good luck

--
Evolution54

What does the BIOS have to do with a video driver in Windows?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User