jake

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2001

I have determined that my Arial font is corrupt, and am attempting to remove
it so that I may reinstall it. However, every time I try to delete it I
receive an error saying that either my disk is full or locked (neither is the
case), or that the file is in use. I'm guessing that Windows itself is using
the font, but can't seem to find any way to change that. How can I get this
unlocked???

Windows XP Home SP2

Thanks!
Jake

Jake Wrote:
> I have determined that my Arial font is corrupt, and am attempting to
> remove
> it so that I may reinstall it. However, every time I try to delete it
> receive an error saying that either my disk is full or locked (neither
> is the
> case), or that the file is in use. I'm guessing that Windows itself is
> using
> the font, but can't seem to find any way to change that. How can I get
> this
> unlocked???
>
> Windows XP Home SP2
>
> Thanks!
> Jake

Just curious but how are you reinstalling the Arial font? Did you
download another copy?

--
Evolution54

jake

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2001

I extracted it from my XP CD as described here:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/ea1b7d63d0e88ed9?hl=en&

Jake

Jake Wrote:
> I extracted it from my XP CD as described he
>
> http://tinyurl.com/dg6v8
>
> Jake
>
> "Evolution54" wrote:
> -
>
> Jake Wrote:-
> I have determined that my Arial font is corrupt, and am attempting
> remove
> it so that I may reinstall it. However, every time I try to delete
> it
> receive an error saying that either my disk is full or locked
> (neither
> is the
> case), or that the file is in use. I'm guessing that Windows itself
> is
> using
> the font, but can't seem to find any way to change that. How can I
> get
> this
> unlocked???
>
> Windows XP Home SP2
>
> Thanks!
> Jake-
>
> Just curious but how are you reinstalling the Arial font? Did you
> download another copy?
>

> --
> Evolution54
> -

Hello Jake

Just you extracted all the fonts from your XP CD into a new folder, can
you try and drag just the Arial font into the Fonts folder and see if
you can replace it that way. In other words, you are not deleting the
old one, but simply replacing it with a newer one, in our case, the
extracted one from the CD. I am currently at work so I can't test this
out so when I get home, I will try it also to see if it works. Best of
luck.

--
Evolution54

TRENDING THREADS