Classic emulators for PSP - anyone tried 'em? Easy to load..

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
June 10, 2005 9:10:47 PM

It seems that people have hacked the PSP enough to allow some emu ports
to run on the PSP. Has anyone tried any of them? If so, is it easy to
get it setup, load games, run, etc?

I had no interest in a PSP, but now that many emus have been ported, I
am definitely thinking of getting one. So far, I know that NES, SNES,
Genesis, Master System, and MAME have all made it over. Quite tempting!
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 9:37:02 PM

If you want a handheld for emulation purposes, I recommend the Game
Park 32. While I do not own one, I've played one running a port of
Nester (NES emulator) and it was tops.
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 11:30:19 PM

Trouble is, you have to have the Japanese PSP with the 1.0 BIOS in
order to run unsigned/unencrypted code (aka homebrew/emulators) from
the memory stick. The only way to run homebrews/emulators on PSPs with
the current BIOS is wait until somebody comes up with an encrypter
program which will let you sign/encrypt homebrews and emulators.

If you want to emulate classic games on a handheld, then either wait
until an encrypter program is released and get a PSP, or get either a
GBA SP or a Gamepark 32.
October 24, 2012 7:31:59 AM

tell me your memory stick size and your psp version . and i ll guide you how to hack a psp :D
!