How to clear your hard drive?

Ok, i have my desktop computer and i want to erase everything on the
hard drive back to where it was when i first got it. I want either an
easy guide or someone to please tell me how to do this. I have looked
around a lot and cant seem to find what im looking for. :?
THanks for the help in advance :D

BTW - I cant find my windows xp disk either...

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-clear-hard-drive-ftopict411352.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1367989
4 answers Last reply
More about clear hard drive

    "Scorch" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > Ok, i have my desktop computer and i want to erase everything on the
    > hard drive back to where it was when i first got it. I want either an
    > easy guide or someone to please tell me how to do this. I have looked
    > around a lot and cant seem to find what im looking for. :?
    > THanks for the help in advance :D

    Clean Install Windows XP

    > BTW - I cant find my windows xp disk either...

    You are going to need your XP Disk to perform a clean install.

    How to replace lost, broken, or missing Microsoft software or hardware
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326246 (For a retail purchased)

    If the XP disc came with your computer, then contact the company or
    manufacturer that sold the computer to you.

    --
    William

    "Scorch" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > Ok, i have my desktop computer and i want to erase everything on the
    > hard drive back to where it was when i first got it. I want either an
    > easy guide or someone to please tell me how to do this. I have looked
    > around a lot and cant seem to find what im looking for. :?
    > THanks for the help in advance :D
    >

    > BTW - I cant find my windows xp disk either...

    > request
    > Topic URL:
    > http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-clear-hard-drive-ftopict411352.html

    http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/

    P.S.
    Please tell your forum admin that the signature added by their
    forum-to-newsgroup gateway is excessive. We don't care about a
    signature claiming to conform to Usenet standards. Doesn't matter,
    anyway, since the forum users haven't a clue on Usenet standards. In
    Usenet, we aren't going to visit your forum so the link to the article
    ID within the forum software is superfluous. The abuse URL is okay but
    actually unnecessary since any abuse is probably going to get reported
    to the source IP which will be where the forum software is running.

    For e-mail, remove "NIX" and add "#LAH" passcode to Subject.

    "Scorch" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > Ok, i have my desktop computer and i want to erase everything on the
    > hard drive back to where it was when i first got it. I want either an
    > easy guide or someone to please tell me how to do this. I have looked
    > around a lot and cant seem to find what im looking for. :?
    > THanks for the help in advance :D
    >

    > BTW - I cant find my windows xp disk either...

    Go to bootdisk.com and download the Windows ME OEM boot disk image and write
    it to a floppy. Boot the floppy and run fdisk. REmove all partitions
    including non-dos. Create a new primary partition reboot the floppy again
    type format C:\ When that is done you have a brand new bald drive to load
    any OS you want.

    I'm no expert but I believe what you want to do is delete the partition(s)
    table. You can do this (and create a new one) from within XP Full Install.
    I've never done it, but it's suppose to be easy, you just (usually) want to
    create one large partition which takes up the entire drive space and mark it
    as being active. I think re-partition is the keyword here and it should be
    referred to as such by install. Knowing MS they call it something else.

    Format won't do it. You need a new partition table to start from scratch.

    Regards,
    Billy

Hard Drives Windows XP