missing tabs on display in the control panel

August 20, 2005 10:49:02 PM

When I go to the control panel and then into Display, the only tabs that I
have are
screen saver and settings. I read a similiar problem and did everything that
was mentioned there but NOTHING HELPED.
My desktop is a black background. I did have a w32.desktophighjack
oleext32.dll
How do I restore the display tabs?
Thanks so much
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 11:38:29 PM

"Sandee" <Sandee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I go to the control panel and then into Display, the only tabs that I
> have are
> screen saver and settings. I read a similiar problem and did everything
> that
> was mentioned there but NOTHING HELPED.
> My desktop is a black background. I did have a w32.desktophighjack
> oleext32.dll
> How do I restore the display tabs?
> Thanks so much

Restore All Display Tabs (Line 285 - Right hand side)

Scan your system to rid of Spyware, malware, and parasites.

Adaware SE (free)
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download

Spybot - search and destroy (free)

Trend Micro - Housecall (free)
http://housecall.trendmicro.com

--
William
Anonymous

Read the instructions at the top
285. Right hand side
Restore All Display Tabs

See also...
Missing Tabs in Display Properties and No OpenGL Support After You Upgrade
to Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283751/

Desktop Tab Missing from Display Properties
http://www.theeldergeek.com/desktop_tab_missing_from_di...

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:A1C0A46E-47FD-42E8-9C56-AC6E7F9428A5@microsoft.com,
Sandee <Sandee@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> When I go to the control panel and then into Display, the only tabs that I
> have are
> screen saver and settings. I read a similiar problem and did everything
> that was mentioned there but NOTHING HELPED.
> My desktop is a black background. I did have a w32.desktophighjack
> oleext32.dll
> How do I restore the display tabs?
> Thanks so much
August 21, 2005 12:39:13 PM

To William and Wesley,

I really appreciate all the help. My PC is back to normal. I no longer have
the black background and all the tabs are now in the display properties.

I already had two of the three Scan your system to rid of Spyware, malware,
and parasites. I did scan my system again and it seems clean now.

Next to my hubby, you two are the GREATEST....thanks so much,
Sandee

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Read the instructions at the top
> 285. Right hand side
> Restore All Display Tabs
>
> See also...
> Missing Tabs in Display Properties and No OpenGL Support After You Upgrade
> to Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283751/
>
> Desktop Tab Missing from Display Properties
> http://www.theeldergeek.com/desktop_tab_missing_from_di...
>

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:A1C0A46E-47FD-42E8-9C56-AC6E7F9428A5@microsoft.com,
> Sandee <Sandee@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > When I go to the control panel and then into Display, the only tabs that I
> > have are
> > screen saver and settings. I read a similiar problem and did everything
> > that was mentioned there but NOTHING HELPED.
> > My desktop is a black background. I did have a w32.desktophighjack
> > oleext32.dll
> > How do I restore the display tabs?
> > Thanks so much

Anonymous
August 21, 2005 3:24:19 PM

Your welcome Sandee.

--
William

> To William and Wesley,
>
> I really appreciate all the help. My PC is back to normal. I no longer
> have
> the black background and all the tabs are now in the display properties.
>
> I already had two of the three Scan your system to rid of Spyware,
> malware,
> and parasites. I did scan my system again and it seems clean now.
>
> Next to my hubby, you two are the GREATEST....thanks so much,
> Sandee
>

> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

>> Read the instructions at the top
>> 285. Right hand side
>> Restore All Display Tabs
>>
>> See also...
>> Missing Tabs in Display Properties and No OpenGL Support After You
>> Upgrade
>> to Windows XP
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283751/
>>
>> Desktop Tab Missing from Display Properties
>> http://www.theeldergeek.com/desktop_tab_missing_from_di...
>>

>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:A1C0A46E-47FD-42E8-9C56-AC6E7F9428A5@microsoft.com,
>> Sandee <Sandee@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>> > When I go to the control panel and then into Display, the only tabs
>> > that I
>> > have are
>> > screen saver and settings. I read a similiar problem and did
>> > everything
>> > that was mentioned there but NOTHING HELPED.
>> > My desktop is a black background. I did have a w32.desktophighjack
>> > oleext32.dll
>> > How do I restore the display tabs?
>> > Thanks so much

Anonymous