Which OS?

ChaseCTech

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
I am a gamer planning to play CoD on a new PC. I was wondering what OS I should get.

What I'm thinking now is:

1. Get Linux
Pros: Free
Cons: Games may not work, driver issues

2: Windows 7 or 8
Pros: No gaming or driver issues
Cons: Very expensive

3: Windows Vista
Pros: Same as Windows 7 or 8
Cons: Not much less than Windows 7

4: Windows 8 Consumer Preview?
I'm thinking that I can download the Windows 8 Consumer Preview onto my current Windows 7 machine and use a flash drive to install it onto the new computer and use it as my primary OS
Pros: Free
Cons: My plan might not work...

So what do you think? Which option should I choose? Thanks :D

Solution
I would definitely go for Windows 7 - great UI, well designed, and it's more updated and works better than XP. You'd have to be crazy to get Vista.

As for 8, once it comes out, if you can tolerate metro, it might be a good idea due to the optimizations. Otherwise, forget it.
windows vista wont run on some of the new intel chipset.also read the spec i think it has a less memory cap then windows 7 or xp does. if your in school or collage you can pick up windows 7 edu. windows 8 pre will expire (180) most time from the time ms drops the beta software. if you need too see if xp or windows 7 oem on ebay.

ChaseCTech

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
Windows XP??

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
I would definitely go for Windows 7 - great UI, well designed, and it's more updated and works better than XP. You'd have to be crazy to get Vista.

As for 8, once it comes out, if you can tolerate metro, it might be a good idea due to the optimizations. Otherwise, forget it.

Solution