Please help

My computer monitor does not wape up
if idles for sometime, tried extending the time for screensaver, power
Options selected to "never" ; still the same. Changed hardrives refresh BIOS
Any help appreciated
-
saldirusa

If possible, try using your monitor with a seperate computer system to see if
it still works. Sounds like your monitor may have malfunctioned and may need
to be replaced. If you turn off the monitor and turn it back on and all you
get is a black screen with the other computer, its dead. Also, see if the
little power light on your monitor is green: ON Yellow: Standby mode or Red:
Internal failure.

"saldir" wrote:

> Please help
>
> My computer monitor does not wape up
> if idles for sometime, tried extending the time for screensaver, power
> Options selected to "never" ; still the same. Changed hardrives refresh BIOS
> Any help appreciated
> -
> saldirusa

when it goes to standby green light is on and can continue
When goes to Orange (stanby) monitor does not restart
Thanks

--
saldirusa

"T.S." wrote:

> If possible, try using your monitor with a seperate computer system to see if
> it still works. Sounds like your monitor may have malfunctioned and may need
> to be replaced. If you turn off the monitor and turn it back on and all you
> get is a black screen with the other computer, its dead. Also, see if the
> little power light on your monitor is green: ON Yellow: Standby mode or Red:
> Internal failure.
>
> "saldir" wrote:
>
> > Please help
> >
> > My computer monitor does not wape up
> > if idles for sometime, tried extending the time for screensaver, power
> > Options selected to "never" ; still the same. Changed hardrives refresh BIOS
> > Any help appreciated
> > -
> > saldirusa

vanguard

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2004

"saldir" <saldir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please help
>
> My computer monitor does not wape up
> if idles for sometime, tried extending the time for screensaver, power
> Options selected to "never" ; still the same. Changed hardrives
> refresh BIOS

Other than just disabling the power-down options (for monitor and
drives), also disable going into Standby mode (and especially Hibernate
mode). Then make sure your system actually does not go into a power
mode; i.e., check that your monitor and hard drives do not power down,
and that your system doesn't go into Standby (or Hibernate) mode. If
they do then go into BIOS and disable its power-saving functions. Once
you get your system so it stays up all the time then try setting the
power-saving option to turn off the monitor after some specified number
of minutes. Once the monitor goes into the power-save mode, move the
mouse or hit a key to see if the monitor comes back on. If it doesn't
come back on, you have hardware or driver problems. Could be the
monitor doesn't work for coming out of power-save mode. Could be the
video card doesn't bring the monitor out of the power-save mode. Could
be you have a driver that doesn't support the "green" modes for saving
power.

If the monitor does come out of power-save mode okay, and if the same is
okay for bringing the drives out of power-save mode, then the problem is
with hardware or drivers that won't work when the system is put into
Standby or Hibernate mode. Be sure to test only one green mode at a
time: enable Standby mode but NOT Hibernate mode and test again. Some
systems work okay for Standby mode but not Hibernate mode. If it is
only Hibernate mode that locks up your system (i.e., won't wake up from
Hibernate mode), disable it under Power Options and just use Standby
mode. Updating the drivers is easy enough so I don't need to tell you
how to go through that process. If updating the drivers doesn't fix
your problem then your you have hardware that really doesn't support the
green modes (Standby or Hibernate).

If it is Standby mode (or, more likely, Hibernate mode) from which you
cannot awake, and if you have the mouse or keyboard connected to USB
ports, try moving them to the PS/2 ports.

For e-mail, remove "NIX" and add "#LAH" passcode to Subject.

Thanks for the info, for now is working ok after i removed all power options
Will try following your steps again when I get back from vacations
Thank again
Saldir
--
saldirusa