Wilson Amps

We have a large building with mostly metal construction that really
gives us fits with reception. We are thinking about adding a 60dB
Bi-Directional amp with a Yagi external antenna and about 4 internal
omni-directional antennas.
http://www.wpsantennas.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=178

Has anyone here done this? Are you happy with the results? Is the
Wilson gear good or do you have any other recommendations?

Thanks!
Greg Bell

PS

"Greg Bell" <greg.bell@synergis.us> wrote in message
> We have a large building with mostly metal construction that really
> gives us fits with reception. We are thinking about adding a 60dB
> Bi-Directional amp with a Yagi external antenna and about 4 internal
> omni-directional antennas.
> http://www.wpsantennas.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=178
>
> Has anyone here done this?
Yes...

Are you happy with the results?
Yes!

Is the
> Wilson gear good or do you have any other recommendations?

Very good gear...WPS is good to deal with also...

> Thanks!
> Greg Bell

Same situation here with a metal building with no reception. Installed a
Wilson BDA and now have a full signal. Definately the way to go!

Mike

PS wrote:
> "Greg Bell" <greg.bell@synergis.us> wrote in message
>
>>We have a large building with mostly metal construction that really
>>gives us fits with reception. We are thinking about adding a 60dB
>>Bi-Directional amp with a Yagi external antenna and about 4 internal
>>omni-directional antennas.
>>http://www.wpsantennas.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=178
>>
>>Has anyone here done this?
>
> Yes...
>
> Are you happy with the results?
> Yes!
>
> Is the
>
>>Wilson gear good or do you have any other recommendations?
>

> Very good gear...WPS is good to deal with also...
>
>>Thanks!
>>Greg Bell

briant

Distinguished
May 23, 2004

I don't have metal building but have a basement office. The Wilson amp works
great for me.

"Greg Bell" <greg.bell@synergis.us> wrote in message
> We have a large building with mostly metal construction that really
> gives us fits with reception. We are thinking about adding a 60dB
> Bi-Directional amp with a Yagi external antenna and about 4 internal
> omni-directional antennas.
> http://www.wpsantennas.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=178
>
> Has anyone here done this? Are you happy with the results? Is the
> Wilson gear good or do you have any other recommendations?
>
> Thanks!
> Greg Bell

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have customers asking the same question all the time. I know it can be
done but how much does it cost. I have never truly priced it out for a
customer. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Service Center Technician

"Greg Bell" <greg.bell@synergis.us> wrote in message
> We have a large building with mostly metal construction that really
> gives us fits with reception. We are thinking about adding a 60dB
> Bi-Directional amp with a Yagi external antenna and about 4 internal
> omni-directional antennas.
> http://www.wpsantennas.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=178
>
> Has anyone here done this? Are you happy with the results? Is the
> Wilson gear good or do you have any other recommendations?
>
> Thanks!
> Greg Bell

briant

Distinguished
May 23, 2004

I paid a little over $600 for the amp, yagi and one stealth indoor antenna,
installed.

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 04:42:05 GMT, "Michael" <mmcnimch@insight.rr.com>
wrote:

>I have customers asking the same question all the time. I know it can be
>done but how much does it cost. I have never truly priced it out for a
>customer. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Service Center Technician

It looks like about $2,000 for the amp, 4 internal antennas, 1 ext.
yagi antenna, splitter, lightning protection and all the cables

Greg Bell

Likewise here....$600 or less.

Mike