Hi I have Win XP Home and everything has been going fine.
But yesterday I tried to copy a file to Floppy and now I get this error
message

'Floppy Disc Controller has deteced an error not recognised by the Floppy
Disc Driver'

I can still format my Floppy but I cannot copy files over.

Any help appreciated

Thanks....Steve

It may be possible your floppy drive is on the fritz. How old is it? Has anyone been inside computer case recently?
Is "this problem" happening with only 1 file, or, every file you try to copy to diskette? Do some testing.

Use other blank diskettes and try to copy some other file (of size under 1.4 MB). Confirm that you are using Windows Explorer to copy the file.

If you have a diskette with known contents, use Win Explorer as a test to see if you can view it's file list. ( a basic test for reading diskette).

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

Win XP Floppy Problem wrote:
> Hi I have Win XP Home and everything has been going fine.
> But yesterday I tried to copy a file to Floppy and now I get this
> error message
>
> 'Floppy Disc Controller has deteced an error not recognised by the
> Floppy Disc Driver'
>
> I can still format my Floppy but I cannot copy files over.
>
> Any help appreciated
>
> Thanks....Steve

In article <98B2210E-AAAB-4F73-91AF-04DA0284B2CA@microsoft.com>,
says...
> Hi I have Win XP Home and everything has been going fine.
> But yesterday I tried to copy a file to Floppy and now I get this error
> message
>
> 'Floppy Disc Controller has deteced an error not recognised by the Floppy
> Disc Driver'
>
> I can still format my Floppy but I cannot copy files over.
>
> Any help appreciated

The God of Computing is telling you to stop using a slow outdated,
unreliable, low capacity pile of shite and move onto CDR or USB memory
keys like everyone else in the 21st Century is.

--
Conor

If Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened
rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic
music.