No ACPI BIOS

When doing a clean install, XP setup generates an error saying there is
no CD-ROM. The CD drive is a known good one and has been verified.
BIOS is Award v.4.51. I CANNOT find an update to use w/ the flasher.
Please help...

--
Pcparamedic

Please confirm you've been able to get into and see the BIOS setup screens.
Make sure you've set the desired boot to boot first from CD-Rom.

What is the make model of your systemboard? Do you know if your BIOS has ACPI support, and at what level?
Write down the full version of this board's BIOS. Check the board's manufacturer support website. See if they have a later BIOS update.

You may try this as an experiment (especially if you have nothing on HD & you are trying a clean install):
Have it use APM instead of ACPI.
At the next setup attempt, when you see the prompt (at bottom of screen) "Press F-6 for RAID" --> you press the F-7 Function key.

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

In article <Pcparamedic.1u43q2@pcbanter.net>, Pcparamedic says...

> When doing a clean install, XP setup generates an error saying there is
> no CD-ROM. The CD drive is a known good one and has been verified.
> BIOS is Award v.4.51. I CANNOT find an update to use w/ the flasher.
> Please help...

Your BIOS is NOT Award 4.51, your BIOS version is the long string of
numbers at the bottom of the screen shown during POST.

--
Conor

If Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened
rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic
music.