I have an XP machine connected to a Linksys firewall router, and also
Mcafee personal Firewall Plus. I have setup the drive C: to be shared on
the network. In my computer it shows the hand holding the drive so I
know it is shared. I am unable to reach this computer from any other
computers on the network, but I can reach the others which also have the
same setup from this computer. Any ideas how to get this computer to share?

Can you ping from and to the computer that can't see the shared drive?

In a command prompt from one the sharing machine type
Ping xxx.xx.xx.xx
where the xx's are the IP address of the computer that can't see the share
repeat the process from and to the other computer
if one can't see the other you may need to place the address in the allow
list of the firewall software. I did with my network using MacAfee on one
and Norton on the other.

hope this helps

Orc

here wrote:
> Can you ping from and to the computer that can't see the shared drive?
>
> In a command prompt from one the sharing machine type
> Ping xxx.xx.xx.xx
> where the xx's are the IP address of the computer that can't see the share
> repeat the process from and to the other computer
> if one can't see the other you may need to place the address in the allow
> list of the firewall software. I did with my network using MacAfee on one
> and Norton on the other.
>
> hope this helps
>
> Orc
>

> "DrJoel" <joelw135@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>I have an XP machine connected to a Linksys firewall router, and also
>>Mcafee personal Firewall Plus. I have setup the drive C: to be shared on
>>the network. In my computer it shows the hand holding the drive so I know
>>it is shared. I am unable to reach this computer from any other computers
>>on the network, but I can reach the others which also have the same setup
>
>>from this computer. Any ideas how to get this computer to share?

I went to file run typed cmd then enter typed ping xxxxx where xxxx is
the name of the computer. And was able to connect.

did you try pinging from both computers?