when i tring to access shared folder on the other PC on my LAN, the
logon page only allow me to logon with guess account, the user field is
disable and you cannot access with other user name, what you can do is
key in the password

--
eddic

The other PC has disabled "Simple File Sharing" and perhaps the guest account in Policy. It might have a password on the Guest
account, also. One solution is an identical ID/password on both.

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"eddic" <eddic.1u4djd@no-mx.phorums.com.au> wrote in message news:eddic.1u4djd@no-mx.phorums.com.au...

> when i tring to access shared folder on the other PC on my LAN, the
> logon page only allow me to logon with guess account, the user field is
> disable and you cannot access with other user name, what you can do is
> key in the password
>

> --
> eddic

Gordon

"eddic" <eddic.1u4djd@no-mx.phorums.com.au> wrote in message
> when i tring to access shared folder on the other PC on my LAN, the
> logon page only allow me to logon with guess account, the user field
> is disable and you cannot access with other user name, what you can
> do is key in the password

If the network is set up correctly, you shouldn't HAVE to "log on" to see
the shared folders, they should be automatically available. Have you run the
New Network wizard on both machines?