Logitech's New Keyboard Has Red, Blue LEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

yang

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]joshthor[/nom]looks awesome. if its reletively cheap i will get it.[/citation]

the article said it'll be 70 dollars...

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]Yang[/nom]the article said it'll be 70 dollars...[/citation]

"Logitech hasn’t announced pricing or availability yet". The G11 is $70. The article about the G110. The naming schemes of devices throw me off too.

JasonAkkerman

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2008
I'm still rockin my original G15, with LCD screen and 18 macro buttons.

I guess I'll have to upgrade to this one when it dies, seeing as they don't make the original G15 anymore.

Truth be told though, 18 macro buttons is a bit much, and makes for a large keyboard.

dlux

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
[citation][nom]JasonAkkerman[/nom]I'm still rockin my original G15, with LCD screen and 18 macro buttons.I guess I'll have to upgrade to this one when it dies, seeing as they don't make the original G15 anymore. Truth be told though, 18 macro buttons is a bit much, and makes for a large keyboard.[/citation]

Yeah same deal here. This seems more economical and I rarely even use the lcd screen on my G15, it's generally hidden by my desk top because the keyboard sits on a roll out drawer.

Some people may find it gimmicky of sorts but I love light up keys, they are so useful in the dark and now built in headphone and mic inputs? Win.

ram1009

Distinguished
If any keyboard devs are reading this: the first thing I look for in a keyboard are an "L" shaped enter key, a large shift key on the right side and a large backspace key. The trend in recent years seems to be away from all of these but I can still hope.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
[citation][nom]JasonAkkerman[/nom]I'm still rockin my original G15, with LCD screen and 18 macro buttons.I guess I'll have to upgrade to this one when it dies, seeing as they don't make the original G15 anymore. Truth be told though, 18 macro buttons is a bit much, and makes for a large keyboard.[/citation]
I still got the G15 v1 as well. Really big. This keyboard looks very sleek but no LCD screen :/

Anyone know if this keyboard has USB 2.0 or 1.1 ports?

G

this keyboard looks freakin awesome. if i every find it for around 50 bucks i would be extremely tempted

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
I prefer a cheap and durable keyboard so when my ass gets wasted I can smash the keyboard and know it will hold up to the punishment or at worst it will be cheap to replace.

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Great article! Not that we don't appreciate your other articles, but this is news we can use. I enjoy hearing about new hardware and gadgets instead of the "fat man eats own finger waiting for WoW to download" articles.

This one tells me about something I can use, not something that will lower my respect for the human race. More of this, please!

El_Capitan

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
1. My $5 keyboard has an "F Lock", so it has 12 programmable keys on the F1 - F12 keys.
a. This is great because the keyboard isn't extended to the left to provide room for the G1 - G12 keys.
b. If you're a WoW player, I can see someone using a keyboard such as this. RTS gamers? No. FPS gamers? Maybe.

2. My $5 keyboard also can disable the Windows Key function.

3. Backlit keys? I don't play games in the dark. If I did, my monitor provides enough light to see what I'm typing if I need to see what I'm typing (usually I don't). If I do use my computer in the dark, I'm watching a movie, and I don't WANT my keyboard (backlit keys) to be bright.

I'd buy it for $20, though. :)

bradha562

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009
[citation][nom]Yang[/nom]wow this would totally dominate my saitek eclipse 2[/citation]
Why? Because it has programmable buttons that you will never use?

ssalim

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
I can't see myself spending more than $20 for a keyboard. This is for fancy or for hardcore gamer. I do find dell keyboard with 2 USB ports in the back rather useful that I can't find in any other keyboards. I hope I'm wrong.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
Another keyboard - wow! How news worthy! How about posting some real news, such as the fact that in 2 months the CRTC (the Canadian equivalent of the FCC in the USA) is about to eliminate all broadband service competition in this country, basically creating a pure monopoly in this industry. That's news - but who cares right? A new keyboard is what people need to know about...
http://www.consumersforinternetcompetition.com/default.aspx

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
[citation][nom]omnimodis78[/nom]Another keyboard - wow! How news worthy! How about posting some real news, such as the fact that in 2 months the CRTC (the Canadian equivalent of the FCC in the USA) is about to eliminate all broadband service competition in this country, basically creating a pure monopoly in this industry. That's news - but who cares right? A new keyboard is what people need to know about...[/citation]What exactly is so elusive about the name Tom's Hardware?

steiner666

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
I love my logitech mouse, but I dont think I'd be interested in this keyboard. most backlit keyboards (logitech, saitek, etc) dont have that bright of keys, and you end up only able to really see them in complete darkness.

If you want a good backlit keyboard get a Deck. They have bright, quality LEDs under every single keycap, cherry switches, diamondplate back cover, customizable keycaps, good warranty even if you mod the keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.