Windows Media Player 10 Error C00D11B3

When attempting to view an Office Demo at http://office.microsoft.com I
get error C00D11B3.

My configuration is as follows:

Windows Media Player version 10.00.00.3802
Dell Inspiron 8600 w/512 meg RAM
Windows XP Pro SP2 version 5.1.2600

I have noticed that if Windows Media Player initializes with a light
blue screen, streaming videos usually play correctly. If it initalizes
with a black screen, it results in error C00D11B3.

The trouble shooting hint below did not remedy the problem.

Windows Media Player Error Message Help

You've encountered error message C00D11B3 while using Windows Media
Player. The following information might help you troubleshoot the
issue.

Encountered a network error
Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the Player
encountered a network error. You might encounter this error message for
one of the following reasons:
The server is not available (for example, the server is busy or not
online). Try again later.
You are not connected to the local area network (LAN) or to the
Internet. Connect to the network or Internet, and then try again.
The proxy server settings for the Player are not configured properly.
Verify that your proxy settings are correct, and then try again.
If you are using your computer at work, your network administrator
might be blocking digital media streams from particular Web sites. For
more information, contact your network administrator.

To verify your proxy server settings

On the Tools menu, click Options, click the Network tab, and then
verify your settings in the Streaming proxy settings area.

Notes

If you do not know what your proxy server settings should be, on the
Network tab, select a protocol, click Configure, and then select
Autodetect proxy settings or Use proxy settings of the Web browser
(available for HTTP protocol only).

You could try adding office.Microsoft.com to your trusted zone site list.

--
Mark L. Ferguson