Erased vital files

I recently erased a desktop shortcut from fulltiltpoker.net and in doing so I
found out that I erased somehow? my program files, my help and support, and
my search function. I also cannot turn off my computer from the start up
screen.
If anyone can help me out in anyway I would be very thankful.
Write to me at skg27m@yahoo.com to contact me.
1 answer Last reply
More about erased vital files

    Crash & Burn,

    I can't see how removing 1 shortcut would result in the loss of so many other functions, plus the Programs folder?

    Use another pc, download a utility called Restoration, and put it on a diskette. Take it to the pc in need, and run from diskette.

    You could also use System Restore function to restore to a date prior to the erasure incident.

    --
    Maurice N
    MVP Windows - Shell / User

    crash&burn wrote:
    > I recently erased a desktop shortcut from fulltiltpoker.net and in
    > doing so I found out that I erased somehow? my program files, my help
    > and support, and my search function. I also cannot turn off my
    > computer from the start up screen.
    > If anyone can help me out in anyway I would be very thankful.

Support Microsoft Windows XP