Erased vital files

August 21, 2005 3:36:03 PM

I recently erased a desktop shortcut from fulltiltpoker.net and in doing so I
found out that I erased somehow? my program files, my help and support, and
my search function. I also cannot turn off my computer from the start up
screen.
If anyone can help me out in anyway I would be very thankful.
Write to me at skg27m@yahoo.com to contact me.

More about : erased vital files

Anonymous
August 21, 2005 10:41:28 PM

Crash & Burn,

I can't see how removing 1 shortcut would result in the loss of so many other functions, plus the Programs folder?

Use another pc, download a utility called Restoration, and put it on a diskette. Take it to the pc in need, and run from diskette.

You could also use System Restore function to restore to a date prior to the erasure incident.

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

!