USB Hubs Suddenly not recognized

I have been having problems with devices suddenly not being recognized by the
USB hub, so i unplug them, re-connect them, then windows recognizes these new
devices as I plug them in, and Windows attempts to install the hardware
drivers (which it then cannot cannot find). I tried to manually find the
drivers (Kodak Easy Share Printer) in every nook and cranny and that fails.
I then go and uninstall the hubs, re-boot to try to get Windows to re-install
the Serial Hub Controller drivers, and that fails. My re-install disk is
old, Service Pack 1. I am at a loss as to why Window New Hardware Installer
cannot find any USB Drivers or New Device Drivers. Should Service Pack Pro
XP 2 be re-installed? Everything was working fine until a week ago or so,
and I have been runn Service Pack 2 for six months.
--
CK

Hi,

General USB Troubleshooting in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310575

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Chris Kay" <ChrisKay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been having problems with devices suddenly not being recognized by
>the
> USB hub, so i unplug them, re-connect them, then windows recognizes these
> new
> devices as I plug them in, and Windows attempts to install the hardware
> drivers (which it then cannot cannot find). I tried to manually find the
> drivers (Kodak Easy Share Printer) in every nook and cranny and that
> fails.
> I then go and uninstall the hubs, re-boot to try to get Windows to
> re-install
> the Serial Hub Controller drivers, and that fails. My re-install disk is
> old, Service Pack 1. I am at a loss as to why Window New Hardware
> Installer
> cannot find any USB Drivers or New Device Drivers. Should Service Pack
> Pro
> XP 2 be re-installed? Everything was working fine until a week ago or so,
> and I have been runn Service Pack 2 for six months.
> --
> CK

TRENDING THREADS